Jr. Structural Designer
for Lahlouh in Burlingame, CA USA
Lahlouh?s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients? dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
? Sheet-fed offset print &n bsp; &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; ? Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
? Dynamic digital print &n bsp; &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; ? Packaging Design
? Mailing & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; ? Marketing promotions
? Full service bindery and assembly   ; & nbsp; ? Promotions
? Online Solutions
Position: & nbsp; Jr. Structural Designer
Reports to: & nbsp; CAD Manager
FLSA Status: & nbsp; Non-Exempt
Department: &nbs p; CAD
Location/Shift: & nbsp; Burlingame, CA / Day Shift
<h1>Essential Function: </h1>
<v:rect coordorigin="6072,1072" coordsize="101,36" filled="f" id="Ink_x0020_18" strokeweight=".5mm" style="position:absolute; left:0; text-align:left; margin-left:222px; margin-top:30px; width:4.25pt; height:2.4pt; z-index:251672576"> <v:stroke endcap="round"> <v:path fillok="f" insetpenok="f" o:extrusionok="f" shadowok="f"> <o:lock aspectratio="t" rotation="t" shapetype="t" text="t" v:ext="edit" verticies="t"> <o:ink annotation="t" i="AKsBHQIMBgEQWM9UiuaXxU+PBvi60uGbIgMGSBBFMkYyBQU4PT4LZBk3MgqBx///D4DH//8PMwqBx///D4DH//8POAkA/v8DAAAAAAA9CADQBQMAAHpEPggAtAEDAAB6RApLFYX4e5vh73gKcvpJoYIYIYIYIUtAg/zun53uJZ7+RAEwlACH8Uf3igNGceT34uDgmgBBe7FigIIAAACCAAAACgARIBBzX15P5NQB"> </o:ink></o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:rect>Designing retail and industrial packaging by combining clients? specifications with artistic talent using CAD software and a computer-driven cutting/plotting table in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner. Projects include designing custom folders, carrier housing units, envelopes, presentation folders, promotional kits, and more!
- Create dielines/ design files using ArtiosCAD based on supplied customer specks or product.
- Modify and refine designs using working models to conform to customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Cut prototypes and first articles using Kongsberg cutting table.
- Operate Kongsberg cutting table for small production runs.
- Create press/ die cutting layouts based on estimates supplied by the Estimators.
- Communicate CAD files and approvals to the Die Maker.
- Minimum 0-3 years experience as a Structural Designer (commercial printing experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of ArtiosCAD, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Acrobat
- Folding Carton and/or Corrugated packaging experience preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD cutting tables (Esko?s Kongsberg Series or equivalent a plus)
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Strong knowledge of computer applications that apply to the Graphic Arts industry
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- B.A. degree in Packaging Design/Technology, Industrial Design or Engineering, Graphic Arts or Design
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Burlingame, CA USA
Zip Code: 94010
Posted on: 02/04/2020
Viewed: 0 times