Junior Product Manager
for Innovative Systems in Pittsburgh, PA USA
Innovative Systems is seeking a fresh-thinking Junior Product Manager to be part of our dynamic team. In this fast-paced role, you will participate in the product lifecycle from ideation to launch. You will work closely with our engineering, sales, and product implementation teams to create products that lead the market and increase customer satisfaction.
To be successful, you will excel at problem solving, be a great communicator, and have prior experience through internships or other practical experience in project management. You will display strong intellectual curiosity, along with great product instincts and a strong understanding of technology, and some experience with coding.
Our ideal candidate will combine a technical background with business acumen to support pushing Innovative?s products forward to their next generation in an ever-changing market.
You will be an integral part of our highly influential product team. You will report to and be mentored by the Product Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Product Lifecycle Management:
- Work with the product, sales, and executive management teams to identify market opportunities that align with our existing solutions and strategy to increase market share and revenue.
- Help translate business needs into product specifications and assist the engineering teams by prioritizing development and testing needs.
- Help develop the product roll out approach and strategy in conjunction with product marketing, sales, and account management.
- Gather feedback and product requirements from clients for extensions and new product offerings.
- Product Analysis:
- Stay ahead of technology trends and on top of market needs, competitive offerings, and gain insights through various forms of market research.
- Measure product acceptance and adoption to ensure the lessons learned from past launches are applied to improve the next product.
- Strategic Roadmap Contribution:
- Assist with development and maintenance of the product roadmap in collaboration with the engineering, product, sales, and account management teams.
- Sales and Marketing Support:
- Work with the product and marketing communications teams to develop and execute go-to-market plans for new and existing products, including the creation of engaging customer communications and promotional materials, webinars and seminars, etc.
- Work with the product team to provide sales with training, competitive insight, and any relevant product information.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) n all things related to the product set.
- Other Duties:
- Assist with or coordinate any other projects as required, and adopt other roles as assigned by seniors.
- Take on more ownership of the product lifecycle as more experience and familiarity with the product set is gained.
Qualifications, skills, and experience you need to have:
- Bachelor?s with a technical degree in engineering or computer science. Coursework in mathematics, statistics, management science, machine learning, and computational linguistics would be a plus.
- Technical understanding of software with background/experience in coding.
- Prior experience planning and managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations.
- Results-oriented and resourceful, with a strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
- High level of intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability and willingness to travel (US and internationally).
It?s a plus if you have:
- Prior successful experience in project/product management with a software or technology company.
- Familiarity with project management tools like Jira or Trello.
- Experience in the latest software development technique including Agile methods.
- Experience talking to customers and synthesizing their needs.
At Innovative you will find a truly empowered and collaborative environment that is at the core of our ongoing growth and success! We are one of the world?s most trusted providers of best-of-breed data quality and compliance solutions. We have a long-standing reputation for creating solutions that are fast, accurate, and scalable.
Our data quality solutions cleanse and link data to identify meaningful connections for a centralized-view of customers and do so as a standalone solution or in conjunction with our risk / compliance solutions.
FinScan, one of our most recognized products, is used by our clients in over 60 countries to identify potential money laundering and terrorist financing threats ? helping to keep us all a bit safer.
We look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! If you are driven to succeed and have a thirst for challenge ? this may be the place for you!
We give you lots of challenge and chances for growth, a competitive salary, lots of time off, 401K+match, health, dental, vision, and more. We also know how to do ?fun?.
Our people are a diverse, multi-cultural bunch! You will find friends here and in our offices abroad. You?ll always have someone to help out or to hang out with!
Innovative?s world headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our EMEA headquarters is in London, UK, LATAM headquarters in Mexico City, Mexico and other operations in Germany, the Middle East, Singapore, Brazil, and Canada.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Zip Code: 15220
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 2 times