Junior Systems Platform Engineer (Remote)
for A2 Hosting in Ann Arbor, MI USA
Are you a passionate Systems Administrator looking for a new challenge? Do you have laser focus to provide the best products and services that will ensure an awesome customer experience? Are you naturally curious and a Team player? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Junior Systems Platform Engineer at A2 Hosting you will help us further develop our platforms and products as we continue to grow! A2 Hosting is a premier high-performance Linux and Windows hosting company with clients around the world and this position is an integral part of the Operations Team providing exceptional products and services.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our global operations team to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us up-to-date with new and innovative products and technologies.
<meta charset="utf-8">At A2 Hosting our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you:
Passionate - We take pride in what we do
Collaborative - We think about the team first
Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
Curious - We desire to learn and do better
Responsibilities for Junior Systems Platform Engineer:
- Handle escalated infrastructure troubleshooting
- Create new tools and improve on existing tools to help automate tasks for our Operations and Support teams.
- Maintain and improve service quality and reliability across our complex set of services
- Coordinate with vendors to debug and fix upstream issues
- Document configuration standards, troubleshooting steps and infrastructure designs
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Windows System Administrator and/or 5+ years of Linux (CentOS/RHEL) experience.
- Advanced knowledge with configuration management systems and the ability to write new modules and modify existing modules.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting software on the command line (SSH or PowerShell).
- Experience with web hosting software such as cPanel, Plesk, WHMCS, Kayako
- Solid understanding of HTML and PHP and the ability to troubleshoot advanced PHP errors.
- Proficient in at least one programming language.
- The ability to work an 8 hour shift on a flexible schedule between the hours of 8am - 7pm EST.
- Ability to work on your own or as a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
What we offer:
- Subsidized health insurance; dental and vision coverage also available (for US Team Members only)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth (for US Team Members only)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Bank
- Company sponsored life and disability insurance (for US Team Members only)
- Regular company events such as summer BBQs and holiday parties
If you'd like to apply to our team, please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for our team.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Zip Code: 48103
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times