LIESS - Student Support Coordinator - MS Office Exp.
for RMGS, Inc. in Stennis Space Center, MS USA
Minimum requirements for position
Must be Proficient or Advanced Proficient to perform data entry on IBM-compatible computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications like Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs.
- Currently hold a verifiable SECRET security clearance vetted through JPAS.
- Proposed candidate must be able to read, write and speak English and Spanish with extensive experience interpreting in both languages at an advanced technical level.
- Possess a valid MS state driver?s license.
- Have or able to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver?s License (CDL).
- Be physically fit and able to work in an environment that is fast-paced while completing multiple tasks, and meeting stringent timelines.
- Work alternate schedules to satisfy training requirements.
- Ability to use proper grammar, punctuation/spelling to prepare letters/reports.
- Write correspondence in military format, when necessary.
- Cross train with other contracted positions to fill in during absences.
The Student Support Coordinator provides general administrative support to include serving as interpreter for Spanish speaking students, transportation of students, lodging coordination, record keeping, preparation of reports, scheduling and database management for the Naval Small Craft Instruction and Technical Training School (NAVSCIATTS) International Military Student Officer (IMSO). This includes direct support of all International Military Students (IMS) in the areas of administration, socialization, cultural enrichment, transportation, recreation, logistical and customer support services for all IMS.
- Provide specialized administrative support and coordination of logistic support activities.
- Serve as Interpreter for Spanish speaking students during non-duty hours.
- Maintain the personnel tracking matrix and ensure updates are entered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the indoctrination, accountability, and issuance of security IDs for all students.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments for issuance of all students IDs.
- Coordinate and conduct Field Studies Program (FSP) events.
- Assist with the yearly FSP Budget for review by the IMSO and forward to NETSAFA for acceptance and implementation.
- Coordinate with course instructors to write, proofread and upload International Student Academic Reports (ISAR) to Security Assistance Network (SAN) for individual IMS. Provide any additional remarks on students' participation in extracurricular and community affairs.
- Assist in the administration of English Comprehension Level (ECL) testing for IMSs and record and archive scores for placement in IMSs' files.
- Conduct pre-briefing for all IMS before departure to FSP activities to ensure they understand the objectives of the event. Brief **** on their role and responsibilities ensuring they also understand the objective of the FSP and topics to be covered. Provide IMS with emergency and assistance phone numbers. Inform the appropriate funding claimancy representative of any significant changes involving participants, itinerary, or funding requirements.
- Provide technical support for programming dormitory doors and key cards.
- Gather all required documents from IMSs upon arrival. Checks passports/visas and compares with IMS International Travel Orders (ITO) for accuracy; notes any discrepancies. **** the IMS to their berthing assignment and demonstrate the proper function of room amenities such as safe, microwave and telephone. Provide IMSs with any necessary further instructions/guidance.
- Assist with reservation of venue for Graduation Ceremonies and conducts all related supplementary duties for set-up and break-down , such as: arrangement of flags, chairs, lecterns, diplomas, and plaques; uploading PowerPoint of student photos to computer for use with projector and screen; ensures proper functioning of lectern digital display; and, transportation of students. Additional task may include filling the role of master of ceremony.
- Assist in creating FSP Schedule for each class.
- Perform record keeping and database management and create a class roster for each class.
- Schedule the daily and weekly activities for personnel and ensure changes are promptly identified.
- Coordinate all travel and lodging requirements for students.
- Coordinate with N4 Department for collection/payment for student lodging.
- Comply with Navy policy and procedures in the use and responsibility of U.S Government Fleet Fuel card program, per NAVSUPINST 4200.98A.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and be detailed and accurate in performing all administrative and routine functions.
-Relocation is not included.
?We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Stennis Space Center, MS USA
Zip Code: 39529
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times