for FIRST in Manchester, NH USA
Who We Are
FIRST<sup></sup> is the world?s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education and the development of holistic skills to prepare young people for the future. For 30 years, FIRST has combined the rigor of STEM learning with the fun and excitement of traditional sports and the inspiration that comes from community through programs that have a proven impact on learning, interest and skill-building inside and outside of the classroom. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world ? today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a collaborative team player with excellent organizational and communication skills, that loves a fast-paced position where the work makes a difference. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for all shipping and receiving at FIRST. The ideal candidate for this role has the ability to project manage logistics projects and is able to maintain tact and diplomacy while working with internal and external stakeholders. The Logistics Coordinator supports the mission of FIRST by fostering positive working relationships with vendors and employees.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other?s successes. You?ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Program Logistics). This role is located in Manchester, NH
- Identifies shipping methods and procedures that result in cost savings and efficiencies and provides monthly updates to Strategic Sourcing Manager (Program Logistics)
- Provides guidance to internal staff on policies, procedures and regulations regarding import, export, shipping and receiving
- Point of contact for shipping related questions and assigns daily tasks to Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
- Oversees the tracking of expedited shipments and priority incoming materials
- Collaborates with Strategic Sourcing Manager (Program Logistics) in the development of processes in shipping and receiving to increase efficiencies and provide best value to FIRST
- Serves as main point of contact for domestic shipments with our shipping service provider
- System Administrator for SendSuite mail system
- Provides new hires with training on the SendSuite mail system
- Acquires freight quotations and determines most cost effective method for shipments
- Collaborates with Finance to identify and close open purchase orders
- Coordinates materials movement and appropriate space utilization
- Oversees the delivery and tracking of incoming materials and supplies to internal customers
- Reconciles freight invoices and reports to Finance
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years directly related work experience, i.e. logistics, shipping & receiving
- Knowledge of UPS, FEDEX, and other freight company shipping requirements
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office product (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must possess excellent communication skills, organizational and project-related skills
- Familiarity with material handling equipment (hand truck)
Commitment to FIRST Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Manchester, NH USA
Zip Code: 03101
Posted on: 01/28/2020
Viewed: 0 times