Media Relations Specialist
for Independent Community Bankers of America in Washington, DC USA
The Communications Specialist assists ICBA?s Communications team as it develops and implements communications strategies that serve the organization?s mission of creating and promoting an environment where community banks flourish.
The incumbent is proactive in helping to coordinate the media relations needs of the department while maximizing opportunities to help ICBA and the nation?s community banks tell their story. A strong writer and editor, the Communications Specialist assists the team with drafting and editing communications materials, analyzing the organization?s media effectiveness, and assisting with other projects and media events.
- Manages incoming media inquiries and helps coordinate interviews with appropriate ICBA staff experts.
- Assists with reporter follow-up and identifies relevant data and information to further demonstrate ICBA?s position and offerings.
- Conceptualizes effective media pitches and follows up with reporters accordingly.
- Curates ICBA media mentions daily and shares/promotes stories through appropriate channels.
- Stays on top of relevant news and media outlets to identify media opportunities for ICBA and community banks.
- Utilizes Cision and other technology to optimize media relations functions by creating targeted lists, sending press releases and tracking ICBA media effectiveness. Identifies trends and reports on results.
- Writes and edits communications materials including but not limited to press releases, op-eds, media pitches, bios, boilerplates, scripts and blogs, along with news stories for ICBA newsletters and publications.
- Assists with coordination and execution of ICBA press events and opportunities, along with associated communications deliverables.
- Serves as a writer for ICBA NewsWatch Today. Assists in daily proofing and posting of the publication.
- Reviews ICBA press pages (ICBA newsroom, About ICBA/Community Bank Facts, clips and bios webpages, ICBA intranet) and all ICBA-associated boilerplates for accuracy, relevancy and consistency.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor?s degree in journalism, communications, English or related field.
- 3+ years of communications/editorial experience.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, One Note, Teams, etc. Proficiency with Cision and other media relations tools is a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong judgment in decision making.
- Strong communications and relationship-building skills with the ability to think proactively to best engage and fully cultivate relationships with members of the media.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to build a storyline that is both informative and engaging.
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to conceptualize, develop and deploy professional communications that are in alignment with the ICBA mission. Works well independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong copyediting skills and proficient in applying Associated Press Stylebook.
- Experience writing for electronic publications and blogs.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Washington, DC USA
Zip Code: 20036
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times