for Workfit Medical in Rochester, NY USA
Healthcare Support Services is a growing organization in need of an experienced full-time Medical Coder. The qualified candidate must have be certified with at least two years experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with coding professional fees for clinic settings (Urgent Care, Workers' Comp) skilled nursing, hospitalist and ED settings. Ensure the coding clinical documentation reflects the level of service provided, severity of patient illness, and risk of patient mortality. We are looking for an individual to be goal driven and have a strong desire to succeed and grow with the organization.
Medical Coder for large multi-specialty physician/APP group.
- Perform position with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Review and edit charges for accuracy of codes and modifier usage based on established billing guidelines and completeness of charges and diagnoses.
- Conducts prospective and retrospective inpatient and outpatient documentation audits to confirm compliance with documentation and billing rules and regulations.
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with Billing team to assure documentation issues, patterns, and/or trends are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Reviews providers' and coding personnel coding accuracy and determines if the medical record is properly documented.
- Consults with attending provider when selection of the principal diagnosis, procedure, complication, or co morbidity is in question. Work with providers to improve the quality of the documentation as needed.
- Communicates with provider regarding missing charts.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of carrier specific, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain <5% coding error rate on audited records.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with a professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills within the company as well as with contacts outside the company.
- Completes other job-related functions and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent. Must be a Certified Professional Coder.
- Two (2) years of coding experience required.
- Must have an excellent understanding and knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedural diagnosis codes.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize workflow and produce an acceptable volume of work accurately.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and research capabilities to review physician documentation.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Monitors compliance with documentation standards and keeps current with changes in coding guidelines, compliance, reimbursement, and other regulatory updates.
- Researches, investigates, evaluates and identifies opportunities for improvement.
At Healthcare Support Services we offer a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees beginning day one! Our benefits includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We also have a matching 401K plan.
Healthcare Support Services, Delphi Healthcare, Workfit Medical
1160 Chili Avenue
Rochester, NY 14624
Healthcare Support Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodations:
Healthcare Support Services is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. Healthcare Support Services will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation/modification to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal state and local law. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation pursuant to ADA, during the application process, are encouraged to contact 585-500-4813 to ask for assistance.
To apply please furnish your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Rochester, NY USA
Zip Code: 14624
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times