MEP Plumbing Design Engineer - LA or San Diego
for Integral Group in Encino, CA USA
********To be considered for the position, applicants must currently be located in the U.S.**************
Category: &nbs p; Mechanical Engineer/Plumbing - Water & nbsp; Job No: 19-907-Oak-PME4
Type: : Regular Full-time ? 1.0 FTE &nbs p;   ; L ocation: Los Angeles/San Diego
Minimum Experience: 10 -years & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; & nbsp; Number of openings: 1
(paid applicable work experience ) & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; FLSA:&n bsp; Exempt
****************************NO AGENCY SUBMITTALS WILL BE ACCEPTED**************************************
- Do you have MEP Project Management and/or Consulting experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Do you want to work for and with people who have such a deep passion to change the world?
- Do you want to learn and grow in a flexible environment where you are encouraged to dream big and introduce ideas/concepts/designs beyond what we think is possible?
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Plumbing Design Engineer is responsible for developing and executing plumbing systems with minimal oversight from senior staff. The Plumbing Design Engineer is also responsible for training and reviewing the work of junior-level designers on plumbing systems and general design processes.
- Lead the design process and approach for small-medium sized projects
- Manage client relationships
- Responsible for review of project cost estimates and project budgets
- Provide training and review the work of junior staff
- Delegate design and production tasks to junior staff, as required
- Identify critical areas of coordination for MEP systems and other trades. Work with junior staff to coordinate plumbing systems.
- Develop system decision matrices for review by owner, architect, and design team
- Oversee the execution of and/or perform the following with technical proficiency:
- Plumbing and/or Fire Protection system design and layout
- Prepare engineering calculations, equipment sizing and equipment selection
- Develop performance specifications for fire suppression systems (preliminary selection of fire pumps, determine hazard classification of various spaces using NFPA, etc.)
- Develop and edit specifications
- Coordinate service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Write various reports
- Ensure successful completion of Construction Administration tasks
- Perform site visits with junior level design staff for documentation of existing systems and conditions
- Perform site visits with junior level design staff for review of system installation compliance with construction documents
- Manage BIM/Revit drafting and design operations:
- Ensure maintenance of BIM/Revit and design files
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- 7+ years of design experience in Plumbing systems
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Plumbing Engineering or equivalent degree required; or equivalent combination of relevant coursework and minimum 11+ years? work experience required
- Able to design various Plumbing system types
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings
- Able to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing, building and sprinkler codes (i.e. NFPA, CPC, CBC, etc.) Knowledge of water efficiency strategies and systems (rainwater catchment, greywater systems, etc.)
- Able to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Professional Engineer (PE), EIT and/or CPD designations are highly preferred
- LEED Accredited Professional designation is an asset
ABOUT INTEGRAL GROUP
Now 800 strong globally, our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice. Bigger isn?t always better. We are small, but mighty and growing. We have more than doubled in less than 2 years. Currently, we have 5-locations in Canada, 10-Locations in the US, 2-locations in UK, 2-locations in Australia and 1-location in Belgrade, Serbia.
Voted the Top Zero Energy MEP Firm by the NBI in 2018, we believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation. Our passion for sustainable design runs deep for our organization and our employees.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our approach to design and continues to reflect our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come. To date we have completed more than 50 LEED Platinum Certified projects; over 100 Net Zero Energy projects and have Five Net Zero Certified building with 8 more in process; 9 Living Building Challenge projects in Design and much more. Please visit our website to learn about the different types of projects, industries and climates that comprise our impressive portfolio.
At Integral Group an entrepreneurial spirit drives everything we do. We challenge ourselves with each and project to design a better-performing building and to never default to the status quo or conventional models.
Medical/Dental/Vision/ HSA-FSA/Generous PTO/10-Paid Holidays/Personal Floating Holiday/401k with generous match
Wellness Subsidy/ Tax Free Commuter Program/EAP/Tuition Assistance/Professional Licensing/In-House Training
Participation in Community based Projects-Activities/Fun Employee Events AND FLEXIBILITY
At Integral Group we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture of TRUST where we NURTURE the spirit and development of our employees and INSPIRE them to dream big. We conduct our business in an organic fashion because creativity needs to breath. We are not weighed down/stifled by a ton of rules and corporate politics. We are adults, we conduct ourselves and our company as adults and we empower our employees with the flexibility to maintain a strong work/life balance.
TRUST &n bsp; &nb sp; NURTURE & nbsp; &n bsp; INSPIRE
Integral Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
**Please read the job qualifications carefully and apply only if you meet the minimum qualifications listed**
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Encino, CA USA
Zip Code: 91436
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times