MEP Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer- PE
for Integral Group in Oakland, CA USA
********To be considered for the position, applicants must currently be located in the U.S.**************
********UNSOLICITED THIRD PARTY AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*************
Category:   ; Senior Mechanical Engineer & nbsp; &n bsp; & nbsp; Job No: 19-802-Oak-SME5
Type: : Regular Full-time ? 1.0 FTE &nbs p;   ; & nbsp; Location: Oakland
Minimum Experience: 15-19 years & nbsp; &n bsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; Number of openings: 1
(paid applicable work experience) FLSA: Exempt & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; & nbsp; &n bsp;
* The information contained herein is not the actual job description, but rather a guidline of experience and a representation of tasks that are applicable and essential to the peform the position at the level comensurate with the years of experience desired.
- Do you have MEP Project Management and/or Consulting experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Do you want to work for and with people who have such a deep passion to change the world?
- Do you want to learn and grow in a flexible environment where you are encouraged to dream big and introduce ideas/concepts/designs beyond what we think is possible?
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of engineering system concepts with direction from the Project Manager/Team Leader. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer trains and works with Junior and Intermediate staff to understand all aspects of design and project delivery related to the discipline. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the development and oversight of engineering tools. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer performs design reviews of projects for accuracy, coordination, and constructability.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Collaborate in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Plan project resources, maintaining schedules and budget
- Develop master and project specifications
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
- Construction administration
- Mentor and share work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office
- Provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage system
- Perform engineering load calculations, equipment sizing and selection for HVAC, hydronics & plumbing systems
- Coordinate mechanical system design with architects and other consultants
- Proficiency in BIM / Revit design
- Analyze equipment energy use for optimizing systems selection
- Develop system narratives (writing, organizing the document, develop images)
- Review own work to ensure accuracy (rather than depend on peer review)
- Interact and work with diverse set of clients and subcontractors
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by managers
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in MEP consulting - Required
- Professional Engineering (PE) License - Required
- BS Architectural or Mechanical Engineering OR 4-6 years of relevant coursework plus an additional 2+ years of paid engineering design work experience
- Advanced knowledge of building, mechanical, fire codes and standards - Required
- MEP Project Management experience - Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident -Required
- Creative and Critical thinker with effective teamwork skills -Required
- Prioritizes effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines ? required
- Intermediate- Advanced BIM knowledge/skills (REVIT)
- LEED Certification Highly Desired ? (certification does not replace required minimum years of experience)
- Prior Sustainable design specific experience
ABOUT INTEGRAL GROUP
Now 800 strong globally, our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice. Bigger isn?t always better. We are small, but mighty and growing. We have more than doubled in less than 2 years. Currently, we have 5-locations in Canada, 10-Locations in the US, 2-locations in UK, 2-locations in Australia and 1-location in Belgrade, Serbia.
Voted the Top Zero Energy MEP Firm by the NBI in 2018, we believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation. Our passion for sustainable design runs deep for our organization and our employees.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our approach to design and continues to reflect our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come. To date we have completed more than 50 LEED Platinum Certified projects; over 100 Net Zero Energy projects and have Five Net Zero Certified building with 8 more in process; 9 Living Building Challenge projects in Design and much more. Please visit our website to learn about the different types of projects, industries and climates that comprise our impressive portfolio.
At Integral Group an entrepreneurial spirit drives everything we do. We challenge ourselves with each and project to design a better-performing building and to never default to the status quo or conventional models.
Medical/Dental/Vision/ HSA-FSA/Generous PTO/10-Paid Holidays/Personal Floating Holiday/401k with generous match
Wellness Subsidy/ Tax Free Commuter Program/EAP/Tuition Assistance/Professional Licensing/In-House Training
Bring your dog to work/Lunch and Learns/Indoor Bike Storage/Healthy Snacks/ Cold Brew Coffee on TAP
Participation in Community based Projects-Activities/Fun Employee Events AND FLEXIBILITY
At Integral Group we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture of TRUST where we NURTURE the spirit and development of our employees and INSPIRE them to dream big. We conduct our business in an organic fashion because creativity needs to breath. We are not weighed down/stifled by a ton of rules and corporate politics. We are adults, we conduct ourselves and our company as adults and we empower our employees with the flexibility to maintain a strong work/life balance.
TRUST &n bsp; &nb sp; NURTURE & nbsp; &n bsp; INSPIRE
Integral Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
**Please read the job qualifications carefully and apply only if you meet the minimum qualifications listed**
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Zip Code: 94612
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times