Millwork Assistant Carpenter
for Eleven Western Builders, Inc. in Sacramento, CA USA
Join us and be a part of our collaborative company culture, providing innovative, quality-built construction projects in the production mill shop division of a leading retail general contractor throughout California and the western United States.
Are you knowledgeable in construction methods and most comfortable with a tool in your hands? If so, keep reading:
We are looking for a Millwork Assistant Carpenter who will learn to install a variety of millwork and be part of a team of millwork carpenters from start to finish with precision and thoroughness, ensuring jobs are completed on schedule and within budget.
To be successful in this role:
YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE for quality craftsmanship. You love carpentry and have a desire to learn a new trade. You can work autonomously with a high degree of follow-through to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
YOU HAVE EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS to effectively manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities while being respectful of co-worker?s space and surroundings.
YOU ARE DETAIL-ORIENTED with the ability to follow instructions, pick up new skills quickly, and ask questions to gain a better understanding. You work efficiently while keeping the workspace clean and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30 days and ongoing:
- Complete onboarding program in the first week which includes basic safety training, equipment training certification, CPR, and if not completed, OSHA training
- Already know the basics of how to measure, cut, drill, nail, and assemble materials to job specifications.
- Assist with the installation of retail fixtures, cabinetry, millwork, set refrigeration cases, and install dcor packages using finish carpentry skills
By the 90-day mark and ongoing:
- Show openness and acceptance of constructive criticism and apply that feedback to improve
- Show attention to detail and quality so finished products are ready for customer inspection and compliant to regulation for inspections
- Demonstrate general safety knowledge, wearing appropriate safety equipment, using tools safely and remains accident-free
Within the 6<sup>th</sup> to 12<sup>th</sup> month mark and ongoing:
- Exhibit a willingness to jump in and take on new projects when assigned.
- Show integrity, compassion, and empathy when dealing with others that embodies the culture at EWBI
- Display pride in work and craftsmanship and encourages the same work ethic in others
- Communicate with team members to stay updated on critical steps to move the project forward
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Can perform general physical tasks common to carpentry position (lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling, bending, standing, climbing, repetitive motion, use of hand tools)
- Possession of a valid CA Driver?s License, good driving history and dependable transportation required and clean background check
- Demonstrated past of working safely and adhering to safety standards
- Proven experience working well independently and with teams
- Can accommodate extended travel to work sites and overnight stays for up to 2 weeks
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1983, Eleven Western Builders, Inc. has been a leading retail general contractor, delivering innovative, quality-built construction projects to a diverse group of clients. We approach every project with a goal of total satisfaction for our clients, ourselves, and all members of the project team, ready to conquer any obstacle that may arise.
At Eleven Western Builders, we keep our promise to build the best projects by providing our clients with top-level management and the highest quality fieldwork on projects throughout California and the western United States. We love this work, we were built to do it, and we are ready to earn our client?s trust!
BENEFITS: Competitive Wages, Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Health Benefits Package, 401k, Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Sacramento, CA USA
Zip Code: 94203
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times