for Eleven Western Builders, Inc. in Sacramento, CA USA
Join us and be a part of our collaborative company culture, providing innovative, quality-built construction projects in the production mill shop division of a leading retail general contractor throughout California and the western United States.
Are you knowledgeable in construction methods and most comfortable with a tool in your hands? If so, keep reading:
We are looking for a Millwork Carpenter who will install a variety of millwork and lead a team of millwork carpenters from start to finish with precision and thoroughness, ensuring jobs are completed on schedule and within budget.
To be successful in this role:
YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE for quality craftsmanship. You are an experienced carpenter with quality work to prove it. If there is a problem on the job, your first instinct is to find a solution and focus on results. You can work autonomously with a high degree of follow-through and delegate when needed to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
YOU HAVE EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS to effectively manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities while being respectful of follow-through client?s space and surroundings.
YOU ARE DETAIL-ORIENTED with the ability to read precise specifications, measure materials accurately, and successfully assemble materials. You ensure the proper installation of materials while keeping the workspace clean and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30 days and ongoing:
- Complete onboarding program in the first week which includes basic safety training, equipment training certification, CPR, and if not completed, OSHA training
- Already know the basics of how to measure, cut, drill, nail, and assemble materials to job specifications. Display refined carpentry skills that can only come from years of experience
- Install retail fixtures, cabinetry, millwork, set refrigeration cases, and install dcor packages using finish carpentry skills
By the 90-day mark and ongoing:
- Guide team of Assistant Carpenters to efficiently install materials while following appropriate and safe procedures
- Create and maintain job schedule and ensure that work is done to quality standards, original plans, and specs, and meets all deadlines
- Demonstrate general safety knowledge, wearing appropriate safety equipment, using tools safely and remains accident-free
Within the 6<sup>th</sup> to 12<sup>th</sup> month mark and ongoing:
- Starts running small projects by overseeing assistant carpenters and is willing to jump in and do the work
- Communicate with clients, inspectors, city officials consistently to stay updated on critical steps to move project forward.
- Show integrity, compassion, and empathy when dealing with clients that embodies the culture at EWBI
- Display pride in work and craftsmanship and encourages the same work ethic in Assistant Carpenters
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years? carpentry experience required
- Able to read blueprints and knowledgeable in construction methods
- Can perform general physical tasks common to carpentry position (lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling, bending, standing, climbing, repetitive motion, use of hand tools)
- Previous experience in the ability to layout, plan and execute interior and exterior carpentry a plus
- Computer skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Power-point, Word)
- Intermediate level proficiency in ProCore a plus
- Possession of a valid CA Driver?s License, good driving history and dependable transportation required and clean background check
- Demonstrated past of working safely and adhering to safety standards
- Can accommodate extended travel to work sites and overnight stays for up to 2 weeks
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1983, Eleven Western Builders, Inc. has been a leading retail general contractor, delivering innovative, quality-built construction projects to a diverse group of clients. We approach every project with a goal of total satisfaction for our clients, ourselves, and all members of the project team, ready to conquer any obstacle that may arise.
At Eleven Western Builders, we keep our promise to build the best projects by providing our clients with top-level management and the highest quality fieldwork on projects throughout California and the western United States. We love this work, we were built to do it, and we are ready to earn our client?s trust!
BENEFITS: Competitive Wages, Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Health Benefits Package, 401k, Paid Holidays, Vacation, & Sick Time.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Sacramento, CA USA
Zip Code: 94203
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times