Molecular Medical Technologist II-III
for Veritas Genetics in Danvers, MA USA
<h1 style="line-height:1.295; margin-top:16px">Job Summary:</h1>
Responsible for performing technical and scientific processes and procedures in a high complexity genetic testing clinical laboratory.<h1 style="line-height:1.295; margin-top:16px">Essential Duties and Responsibilities: </h1>
- Performs routine high-complexity testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
- Documents any problems, issues or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware of in a Communication Log.
- Participates in validation of and trains on new procedures.
- Take corrective action if Quality Control results are not within acceptable limits. Document all corrective action taken as indicated in established laboratory procedures.
- Informs senior personnel of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of patient results.
- Communicates effectively and fosters teamwork and mutual respect.
- Performs routine review of all laboratory procedures and updates procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for quality and workflow improvements and brings ideas to senior staff.
- Work in a CAP/CLIA Laboratory environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience with most or all of the following technologies is preferred:
- PCR and qPCR.
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation and instrument runs.
- Operation of liquid handling systems.
- Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis.
- Integrated laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
________________________________________<h1 style="line-height:1.295; margin-top:16px">Educatio n and Experience Requirements:</h1>
- Bachelor of Science in biological sciences or related field is required; no exceptions can be made.
- Experience working in a molecular or CLIA/CAP laboratory is preferred.
- ASCP certification (Molecular Biology) is a bonus, but not a requirement.
- Experience in genomic workflows (e.g., exomes, genomes, NGS instrumentation) is a plus.
________________________________________<h1 style="line-height:1.295; margin-top:16px"> Othe r:</h1>
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- This position involves the potential to be trained and promoted
- Working hours: Day shift, 5 days a week, may include overtime and weekend work
- Maintain a pleasant and cooperative relationship with co-workers and other departments
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Danvers, MA USA
Zip Code: 01923
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times