Neurology Neurointensivist - Greenville, NC
for Grace Federal Solutions LLC in Greenville, NC USA
Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, NC is seeking a Neurology Neurointensivist to join its growing NSICU team. Applicants should have knowledge and practical skills in neurologic diagnosis and management, neuroimaging, neurotrauma, stroke management, invasive monitoring, intra-cranial pressure management, as well as ventilator and hemodynamic management. The successful candidate will provide care for critically ill patients with neurologic and neurosurgical illnesses in Vidant?s 24-bed NSICU. Applicants must be fellowship trained in neurocritical care medicine. Vidant Medical Center is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- Large referral network including over 90 Vidant Medical Group practices and 8 Vidant Health owned hospitals
- Established neuroscience team of 8 neurosurgeons including 2 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Vidant Medical Center is home to a newly expanded 24-bed NSICU as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Team of 12 dedicated NSICU NP/PA?s providing24/7 coverage
- Over 600 endovascular procedures performed annually to include Subarachnoid coilings
- Over 1000 neurological cases performed annually to include complex spine and brain tumor resections
- Over 1500 annual admissions with stroke as primary diagnosis
- Nationally recognized by Becker?s Healthcare as a top 100 program for neurosurgery
The Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Greenville, NC is widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10<sup>th</sup> largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville?s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Greenville, NC USA
Zip Code: 27835
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times