Onsite Coordinator (New York/Jersey City), 2020 Summer Intensive Program
for All Star Code in New York, NY USA
Who we are
All Star Code is a non profit computer science education organization serving Black and Latino young men. Few organizations prepare this underserved group for careers in the innovation economy. Our ultimate goal is to close the wealth, income, and opportunity gaps. Our mission is to create economic opportunity by developing a new generation of boys and young men of color with an entrepreneurial mindset who have the tools they need to succeed in a technological world. Our vision: All Star Code envisions a country where all young men of color have access to the tools of success, and where the ability to thrive is available to all who are willing to dare greatly.<hr />
2020 Summer Intensive Program, Onsite Coordinator (NY/NJ)
All Star Code is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented Onsite Coordinator for our flagship Summer Intensive Program. Our 6-week Summer Intensive Program (July 6 - Aug 14) offers a uniquely transformative experience for our students and instructional staff, where instruction happens across pop-up classrooms hosted at the world's top tech companies. Our curriculum is designed to inspire, educate, and equip high school young men of color with the skills, entrepreneurial mindset, and networks to pursue academics and careers in a technological world. Onsite Coordinators are responsible for executing program logistics and support for at least two of our Summer Intensive Program cohorts.
- Candidates must have a BA or BS in Communications, Liberal Arts, or Education; or equivalent work experience may be acceptable
- Candidates should have professional experience in event planning, coordination and/or logistics; practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail
- Candidates must commit to a full six week summer program schedule from June to August; must be able to commute within or to one of the following markets: New York City, Jersey City
- Candidate must commit to a one week instructional training (known as Professional Development Week) prior to the program's start date. Instructors are paid for completing the one week instructional training.
- Candidates must have the ability to engage with a variety of program stakeholders from corporate partners, funders / VIPs, press/media, parents, community leaders, and/or technology executives
- Candidates must demonstrate poise, professionalism and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal). It is critically important that instructors model timeliness and dependability in attendance throughout the program, including sessions prior to program start, during the program, and post-program reporting requirements
- Candidates must model and embody All Star Code?s core pillars: Dare Greatly, Celebrate Failure, and Tell Your Story; as instructors they must be coachable and model a growth mindset
- Serve as main point of contact and Operations lead for two Summer Intensive Program cohorts of 20 students (40 total students)
- Communicate with families to keep them engaged and appraised of events, and help resolve issues as they arise
- Facilitate Student Orientation (at the start of the Summer Intensive) and Demo Day (at the end)
- Participate in lectures on Core Skills using All Star Code's core skill curriculum
- Manage classroom, student, instructor and program logistics for two host sites (40 total students)
- Maintain a positive relationship with our corporate partner host site liaison and employees
- Model All Star Code?s mission and three pillars to students and instructors: Dare Greatly. Celebrate Failure. Tell Your Story.
- Discover and document compelling stories from All Star Code?s students and supporters, for development and marketing purposes
- Coordinate off-site travel, guest speaker and guest visits for each site
- Participate in a one-week Professional Development series prior to the start of the Summer Intensive
- Communicate on an on-going basis with key stakeholders, including your teams, parents, host partners, etc.
- Attend weekly meetings with Site Director
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Skilled Communicator: You know exactly how to tailor your message to your audience
- Efficient Executer: Results-oriented, you thrive on getting things done; follow instructions and think proactively
- Event Manager: You are a ?logistics whiz?; responsible to produce key program components including: Student Orientation, Demo Day, and weekly Site Visits
- Consistent Responder: Our team is in constant workday communication over Slack
- Problem Solver: You have the tact and confidence to handle challenges as they arise, but know when to escalate to HQ
- Community-Builder: You anticipate the needs of your team, and look forward to creating and fostering a sense of community. You are comfortable with feedback and difficult conversations
- Lifelong Learner: Our students are always encouraged to step outside their comfort zones; we ask the same of our team via workshops, professional development, and leading conversations on important issues
- Thoughtful Leader: You react to challenges with a clear head and put our All Stars first
- Change-Maker: You are interested in, passionate about, and comfortable discussing social justice, equity, and the stark diversity problems in tech and the larger for-profit sector
Instructors are expected to attended the following:
- Professional Development Week (June 22 to 26, 2020): Up to 40 hours, which includes the evening of June 25, 2020, for Student Orientation)
- Summer Intensive Program (July 6 to August 14, 2020): Up to 35 hours per week, from 9am to 5pm daily. For Demo Day (August 13, 2020), there is an additional 4 evening hours to support this milestone event.
- Important: For Onsite Coordinators with school obligations, you MUST inform us of any scheduling conflicts PRIOR to being hired.
Onsite Coordinators will be located across a set of corporate host sites in New York City or Jersey City, accessible via mass transit. You will be expected to visit All Star Code HQ for weekly meetings and other administrative needs.
Our Onsite Coordinators (Full time, seasonal position) are offered at $21 per hour. Perks include: daily lunch provided, extended professional development training, site visits to top tech companies (Spotify and Uber, to name a few), off-hours social outings, access to our All Star Code community, and the opportunity to impact the next generation of diverse technology leaders!
All Star Code is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10001
Posted on: 01/06/2020
Viewed: 0 times