for Onward Hope, Inc. in Phoenix, AZ USA
The Parent Aide increases caregiver protective capacities so that the parents/caregivers have the cognitive, behavioral and emotional capacities to protect their children from harm and danger, children can remain in or return to the care of their parents/caregivers, and the likelihood of repeated reports of abuse or neglect is reduced or eliminated. The position involves working together to achieve positive outcomes by providing the family with structured, individualized, team planning process that is relevant to the family needs. Parent Aides also provide supervised visitation between children in out of home care and their parents, siblings or family members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Arranges for and supervises visitation between children in out of home care and their parent(s)/family member(s) per ADCS (Arizona Department of Child Safety) direction.
- Is present during the entire visit to ensure the safety and welfare of the child(ren).
- Observes, monitors, and assesses the client's parenting skills, and provides guidance and/or coaching as needed while client is interacting with their child(ren), and/or when there is opportunity to reinforce learned behaviors.
- Ensures that visitation occurs at times that are convenient to children, families, including evenings and weekends.
- Develops and maintains documentation of client interactions, including the childs reactions before, during and after visitation.
- Maintains client records and files in a complete and efficient manner, meeting all required deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to obtain Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Associates in Human Services or directly related degree.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- A valid Arizona drivers license, Valid AZ Registration.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Must have flexible schedule and able to work weekends and/or evenings based upon client needs.
- Bilingual is a PLUS, but not required.
Benefits available for full-time, non-contracted employees after 90 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour