Part Time Supported Living Specialist
for East Bay Innovations in Pleasanton, CA USA
NEW HIRE BONUS: For a limited time, EBI is offering a new hire bonus of $250 to all new employees after the first 90 days of employment, plus an additional $250 bonus after the first 6 months of employment. That's a total of $500 extra income to thank you for joining our team. Apply today!
About the Position:
You would provide one on one support for adults with developmental disabilities as they interact with their communities. Your goal would be to provide respectful, personal, and motivating services that enable our clients to participate in all aspects of their community, and lead meaningful lives centered around independence and empowerment.
You would also be responsible for assisting the Director of Supported Living in managing the day-to-day support of Supported Living clients. You would work alongside the director to ensure client shifts are filled and support staff are trained in their duties. You will also advocate for and support clients in accessing the community. In this weekend position, you would work 20+ hours per week. The ideal candidate would have open availability to fill shifts beginning Friday mornings at 9am, and extending through Monday mornings at 9am. Morning, evening and overnight shifts would be included.
You would get to spend your day supporting clients with:
- Accessing community activities, such as volunteering, classes, etc
- Making plans with friends and families
- Emotional support and companionship
- Planning and cooking meals
- Grocery shopping and other errands
- Light cleaning
- Personal/intimate care
- Wheelchair transfers
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in Your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 54.5 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do
This job might be for you if:
- You believe that all people should be in the driver?s seat of their own life
- You enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small!
- You enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds
- You are comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet
- You like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches
- You follow through with commitments
- You have your own reliable vehicle with insurance and a valid Driver's License and are willing to drive clients around to accomplish their goals
- You enjoy a dynamic schedule that changes week to week
This is a part-time position working 2-3 days per week.The hours of service would fall between Friday morning at 9am extending though Monday morning at 9am. You would provide coverage for open shifts and for staff absences. The shifts worked would vary according to the support needs of our clients: including day shifts as well as overnights.
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a non-profit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Pleasanton, CA USA
Zip Code: 94566
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times