Portfolio Manager Assistant - Commerce, CA
for Wine Warehouse in Commerce, CA USA
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking a Portfolio Manager Assistant for our Marketing Department in our corporate office located in:
Under the direction of the Portfolio Manager effectively works to produce effective sales tools to educate and promote products within the company?s portfolio. Assist in preparation and control of records and reports regarding pricing and program data. Responsible to maintain material master and set-up, costing, pricing and programming for designated suppliers within the company?s guidelines. Serves as administrative and communication liaison for Marketing with suppliers, sales, purchasing, vendors and accounting. May assist in compiling various statistical information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Set pricing for new and ongoing products and continually review item status for necessary changes. Item status changes include price, vintage maintenance, price book, termination of code, or change to closeout listing.
- Maintain pricing worksheets for assigned suppliers in order to analyze profit in accordance with company objectives.
- Outline special program features and write summary for use in promotional tools. Create general layout for flyers highlighting the benefits of the program, and calculate cost savings in easy to read manner. Specific elements include brand attributes, product accolades, SRP calculations.
- Assist in maintaining pricing contract data base. (Including renewals, deletes, monitoring for accuracy and providing supplier/sales reports.)
- Examines purchase orders for discrepancies, accurate costs, vintages, and/or any other errors or omissions.
- Monitors and maintains pricing database by verifying and updating <st1:stockticker w:st="on">FOB</st1:stockticker>?s, freight rates, DA?s and SPAs. Reviews loaded pricing to ensure accuracy preserving program integrity throughout all channels of distribution.
- Maintains schedules for key marketing projects and tracking of expenditures.
- Maintain CQD contracts, schedules and issue payment as required
- Maintains allocation program working with Portfolio Manager and Sales and communicates out.
- Partners with Purchasing and Sales to prevent out of stocks and weeks on hand.
- Assist in preparing quarterly reports for margin and inventory valuation.
- Assists in validating graphic materials for accuracy and compliance prior to distribution.
- Conduct category and supplier analysis to highlight sales gaps and opportunities. Apply methods of sales analysis for use in developing pricing strategy by channel. Proficiency with specific transactions in SAP and Diver are required, and will be used when integrating the overall pricing strategy.
- Maintain supplier goal interface and reporting for assigned suppliers.
- Must be able to interpret and implement significant details from reports on issues like trends and spending.
- Maintains and reconciles Vendor Bank ledgers.
- Interfaces with assigned suppliers and sales personnel to resolve pricing questions and inquiries.
- Completes special departmental projects on various issues as needed.
- Minimum 3 years? experience in retail/distributorship environment.
- Advanced level of computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office. Word and Excel,
- Superb command of written and spoken English.
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work on group projects with multiple managers and staff.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service oriented.
- Must be multi-tasked oriented, able to prioritize workload, and comprehend and apply pricing and programming applications.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy in all assigned work is required.
Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary (average 25 pounds). The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. This is a high energy, multifaceted position requiring personal initiative and flexibility.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Commerce, CA USA
Zip Code: 90022
Posted on: 01/28/2020
Viewed: 0 times