for Niche.com in Pittsburgh, PA USA
<meta charset="utf-8">About Niche
We believe people?s lives are made better by having the right resources to inform their biggest life decisions. Niche is the best place to research U.S. colleges, schools, neighborhoods, and companies. Every month millions of people use our easy-to-read and comprehensive reports cards, rankings, and reviews to choose the right schools, neighborhoods, and companies for them.
Niche.com is all about finding where you fit in and that mission inspires how we operate every day in our office. On top of that, we want Niche to be a place people truly enjoy working.
About the Job
<meta charset="utf-8">We?re looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Product Analyst to join the Product team. You?ll work to analyze and report on key product health metrics and uncover insights to drive the product forward. You?ll be tasked with analyzing the impact of user-facing publishes and reporting on their success and failures. You?ll also be involved with regular A/B testing with the goal of optimizing existing features to drive the product forward. You will also analyze and report on user behaviors and use insights to inform engagement strategies.
During the 1st Month:
- Collaborate with various team members to learn about the company
- Work with members of the Product team to begin to understand our users and current product initiatives and KPIs
- Collaborate with Analysts across the Product department to learn about our tools, workflow and analytical process
- Shadow Product Team members to learn more about how we collaborate with other areas of the business and how your role fits with external stakeholders and teams.
- Learn how to query data from our databases and external data sources, like Google Analytics
- Learn how to clean and analyze data using R
Within 3 Months:
- Gain a deep understanding of our organization and how different teams work
- Begin to analyze the results of various product launches and identify opportunities related to strategy and process
- Work with product managers to design, implement, and analyze A/B tests.
- You will begin taking ownership over some analytical processes on the product team such as KPI reporting, dashboards, and presentation of statistical analysis and results related to product and product marketing campaigns
- Develop an understanding of our users and how their behaviors impact product KPIs
Within 6 Months:
- Perform self-directed research and analysis to identify opportunities to drive Product KPIs
- Take full ownership of different research, analytics, and operations initiatives
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting on product metrics; turn analysis into actionable next steps and enhancements
Within 12 Months:
- You will have a deep knowledge of our product and users
- You will own several facets of product analytics at Niche
- You will use data-driven and user insights to inform overall product strategy and roadmap prioritization
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor?s degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- Passion for using data and research to solve problems
- Self-directed; ability to translate vague requirements into prioritized problems to solve
- Ability to translate analytical findings to actionable insights; flex different communication styles depending on the audience.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, BigQuery or other tools for analysis
- Statistical modeling & A/B testing experience
Job Why Niche?
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave
- Stock options and SIMPLE IRA
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. All of our open positions are located in our Pittsburgh, PA office. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Zip Code: 15222
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times