Product Manager, Data
for Levelset in Austin, TX USA
Levelset helps contractors and suppliers get payment under control, and envisions a world where no one loses a night's sleep overpayment.
Over 500,000 contractors and suppliers connect on Levelset's cloud-based platform to make payment processes stress-free. Users easily exchange payment documents like lien waivers, pay applications, and preliminary notices, they see a complete picture of who is on their job, and are empowered with the resources and knowledge they need to be confident in payment. The results are faster payments and fewer surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Headquartered in New Orleans with offices in Austin and Cairo, Egypt, Levelset employs more than 150 people. We're a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, with a mountain of opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you ready?
Join us as a Product Manager, Data in our Austin office, and be instrumental in helping achieve our vision to change behavior and revolutionize payment in the gigantic and increasingly tech-savvy construction industry.
Where you come in
A Product Manager, Data at Levelset will be responsible for two sets of products: data infrastructure / ingestion pipelines & data management and content tools. The data platform assembles, transforms, and loads large data sets (>10M) about US contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, projects, payment documents, etc... across various internal and external sources (i.e. Saas applications and data systems, US County Clerk data). The data management tools enable our research experts to create, update, enrich, and delete the data directly to enforce our data governance and data quality guidelines. Our stack currently consists of technologies like MySQL, PHP, Neo4J, Redis and other modern tools in a highly scalable microservices architecture.
- Collaboration and Strategic Decision Making
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business: research operations, customer success, data engineering, software development, and other teams to come up with data solutions that will support the business
- Defining data use cases and requirements gathering from both internal and external constituents to support both corporate and data roadmap KPI?s
- Accurately use key data and metrics to support assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Offer short and long terms solutions to business problems from a data platform and tools perspective while balancing data complexity, data resource availability, and execution efforts
- Establish and Execute on Quarterly Roadmap
- Release / user story grooming scoping (technical feasibility and data prepping)
- Deliver release level strategy and user story prioritization with development teams to execute against key product milestones (rolling 2-3 month roadmaps)
- Provide pre-development data analysis, workflow design, and systems analysis to improve development forecasting and improve development velocity
- Work with designers to create efficient UX for data management and content tools workflows (i.e. research operations)
- Implement and enforce data quality processes through development / content (editorial) alignment
- Create and maintain weekly / monthly dashboards to track: data pipeline integrity, data attribute completeness, data graph activities, data duplication and merges
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience with high volume data aggregation products
- 3-5 years in a product management role with a portfolio of successful, large scale data integration and management initiatives
- Strong communication and leadership skills; highly adept at managing stakeholder expectations and balancing competing urgent priorities
- Familiar and fluent in SQL and/or other advanced query languages and data extraction tools
- Experience building products with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Hadoop
- Passion for data structures, data quality, and data interoperability
- Analytical mindset with the ability to structure and process qualitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Problem solver able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution
- Quick learner and open to new ideas and technologies, and willing to offer creative solutions
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and motivated to continually learn
What We Offer
We are passionate about software engineering, and building beautiful software products using advanced technologies and efficient development workflows. We have an inventive and uplifting culture inspired by mission and bound together in values. We love how our mission and values push us to work harder, think bigger, take risks, and challenge the status quo. We literally ask everyone on the team to judge our culture every day, and we live up to our high standards. Here are some benefits we offer:
- This is a place where you can do your best work. You'll wrestle with big challenges, have the resources to meet them, work with stunning colleagues, and love working here.
- Get invested in an electric opportunity with considerable upside with equity options.
- Fully paid Health insurance. Dental / Vision group plan is available.
- Open vacation policy with minimums, but not maximums.
- Subsidized International Travel because we highly value intellectual curiosity and perspective.
- Flexible paid sick, parental, & personal leave policy.
- Team lunches & stocked snacks.
- Dog-friendly office.
The most important benefit we offer is the chance to be on a rocket-ship! To build software with the highest standards, and work with a team of outstanding players in an awesome working environment to make a real difference in good people's lives!
Are you up for the challenge?
Read more about why being on a rocket ship is the best of your career options from Levelset's CEO here.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Austin, TX USA
Zip Code: 78701
Posted on: 01/09/2020
Viewed: 0 times