for Deepfield in Ann Arbor, MI USA
At Nokia, we create the technology to connect the world. We develop and deliver the industry?s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Our customers include communications service providers whose combined networks support 6.1 billion subscriptions, as well as enterprises in the private and public sector that use our network portfolio to increase productivity and enrich lives.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people, beings and things communicate and connect.
Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, we are leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity.
Deepfield is dedicated business line and a part of Nokia?s IP and Optical Networks business group. At Deepfield, we build software-based solutions that cover IP network intelligence, analytics and distributed denial of service (DDoS) security. Using our Deepfield portfolio, our customers can obtain unique, real-time network and services insight that can help them improve their network performance and security, and optimize their customers? experience for the 5G, cloud and IoT era.
We are engaged in cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics and, as a result of our work we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence and analytics.
What We Do at Deepfield
Our customers are internet-focused companies that are fully immersed in the 21<sup>st</sup> century: our solutions have found their place in the largest networks of today ? from service providers (cable and multiple system operators, telecommunications service providers, and cloud providers) to webscale companies and large digital enterprises. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is in turning all that data into meaningful and actionable information that can be used to drive improved network performance and customer experience, create better strategic business decisions and automate networks and network operations.
The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for all these answers.
What you will do?
Deepfield is seeking an engineering project manager to help improve existing processes and define new ones as we grow our company and product portfolio. Our ideal candidate must be innovative and flexible, willing to work within a dynamic environment where priorities can and will shift quickly.
We are an agile shop and the project manager is expected to facilitate planning and scoping exercises with product and engineering managers, attend daily scrums and other Agile ceremonies, and proactively help to unblock team members from making progress.
Communication is key! The project manager must communicate project status to teams, internal and external, via a variety of methods: paper, slack, email, phone, message in bottle. If we can be communicating better the project manager is expected to show us how!
Speak BGP, Python, Linux, or network mumbo jumbo? Excellent! We have technical environment ? be prepared to learn how the internet really works. The project manager will know how our products works and how current tasks fit into the larger picture, technically and strategically.
Estimate much? Did we miss a deadline? Are we too distracted? The project manager will know exactly where we were, are, and plan to go. While guiding the team through our release cycle, you'll challenge the team to focus on delivering a minimum viable product on time and within budget. Road blocks will be identified and removed, while seeking to identify where improvements or changes can be made.
- Hold a deep understanding of project details, dependencies, timelines, and use cases
- Communicate project progress, obstacles, and project risks to leadership
- Proactively lead and support development teams to refine their processes to become highly effective teams
- Collaborate with team leads to create, maintain, and organize backlogs
- Balance competing priorities and demands from our customers, sales, technical operations, and R&D
- Facilitate inter-team communication: between dev teams, between dev, and devops/sales, and between product management and engineering
- Help teams maintain task tracking software and physical status boards
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in software
- Familiarity with Jira or a similar project management tool
- Management experience with agile methodologies
- Exceptional time management and analytical skills
- Ability to lead multiple project teams simultaneously and see them through to completion
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings? oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
- Opportunity to learn about other cutting-edge technologies and engage in collaboration with diverse set of colleagues all over the world
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Zip Code: 48104
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
RPM in Royal Oak, MI
Contractor Placement in Ferndale, MI
Contractor Placement in Canton, MI
Contractor Placement in Livonia, MI
Nexus Engineering Group in Maumee, OH
Staffigo Technical Services, LLC in Toledo, OH
Staffigo Technical Services, LLC in Toledo, OH
Staffigo Technical Services, LLC in Detroit, MI
Staffigo Technical Services, LLC in Warren, MI