Public Policy Manager (9634647)
for PRO Unlimited @ Facebook in Sao Paulo USA
Instagram?s mission is to help people capture and share the world?s moments, and our passion for creativity and simplicity is woven into everything we do. A career at Instagram offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization.
The Public Policy Manager for Latam will play a key role in developing creative, brand-relevant policy programming to help advance Instagram's mission in the region, with a special focus on Brazil. Primary duties will include working with the local Facebook public policy teams to identify and analyze policy issues, as well as working with local organizations on Internet?relevant public policy concerns. The position's main objective is to help enhance the policy community?s understanding of Instagram, its dedication to safety and privacy, and its impact on culture, tourism, and the economy.
This position is based in Sao Paulo.
- Develop and promote creative, innovative policy programs that will help enhance the policy community?s understanding of Instagram;
- Develop and execute a strategic approach to achieve the goals of FB Inc and Instagram;
- Play a critical, strategic role in training, briefing, and updating regional and cross-functional teams on Instagram?s policy goals and narrative;
- Work with policymakers and non-governmental organizations on issues of privacy, teen safety, speech issues, and other Internet-relevant public policy concerns;
- Work closely with the Instagram editorial team to understand and highlight key Instagram accounts in Latam and to vet editorial programming for policy;
- Represent Instagram in regional meetings and coalition groups where appropriate;
- Advise Instagram and Facebook teams on development of products, services and policies.
- Longstanding, demonstrated passion for Instagram and a deep-understanding of its mission, goals, and community members;
- Strong cross-functional team player and excellent communicator - loves working with people above all else and little ego about issue ownership;
- Strong analytical and creative thinking on policy issues and programs - can generate amazing ideas for policy programming and move them from ideation to execution;
- Well-developed advocacy skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to travel;
- Demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Sao Paulo USA
Posted on: 02/13/2020
Viewed: 0 times