for Veritas Genetics in Somerville, MA USA
Curoverse, Inc is building a distributed platform managing and analyzing exascale genomic and biomedical data sets. All the software we develop is free and open source. Our software is deployed on the three major cloud providers, as well as on premise around the world.
You can find our code and work in the Curoverse/Arvados project on github.
Build Common Workflow Language (CWL) analysis pipelines for Arvados using common tools (bwa, bowtie, freebayes, gatk, picard, etc) and your own scripts. Document them for other people to learn from.
- Python programming
- Using bioinformatics tools in a UNIX command line environment
Other assets required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy interacting with customers via e-mail, chat, and phone calls
- Troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with regular use of IRC, Google hangout, email, phone
- Enjoy building bioinformatics pipelines
- You want to make bioinformatics pipelines better and more easily accessible
- You enjoy using free and open source software
- You want to be part of a dynamic startup with a friendly culture
- Our office is in Somerville, MA - right in Davis Square!
- This is a full time position with competitive compensation
About Curoverse, Inc
Curoverse is a unit of Veritas Gentics, a venture-backed startup. Curoverse was founded by the engineering team that created Arvados, senior scientific leadership from George Church?s lab at Harvard Medical School, and business leaders with extensive experience building successful enterprise software companies.
Our team is focused, ambitious, supportive, and, above all, we?re excited by what we do. The environment is relaxed and fun, even as we meet our deadlines and stay focused on quick, quality completion of projects.
Every member of the team is expected to be an innovator, collaborator, champion for their ideas, dedicated to the power of self-organized groups.
If the above describes you and your passions, we'd love to hear from you!<!-- Piwik -->
<!-- End Piwik Code -->
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Somerville, MA USA
Zip Code: 02144
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times