Quality Inspector 1
for Oberg Industries in Sarver, PA USA
Under moderate supervision, inspect and approve parts received from the shop and suppliers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Inspect parts with calipers, height gages, indicators, micrometers, microscopes, Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Contour Tracer, Formtester, SmartScope, Surfanalyzer, CORE and other normally used equipment for measuring.
- Operate Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Formtester, SmartScope, Surfanalyzer, CORE and other normally used equipment for measuring.
- Compare parts/measurements with specified drawings, specifications, standards.
- Make judgement calls on parts/measurements and handle nonconformances accordingly.
- Follow quality department documentation, such as Process Control Plan (PCP), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Final Inspection Reports (FIR), In-Process Inspection Reports (IIR), Visual Standards (VS), Work Instructions (WI), Device Master Records/Production History Record (DMR/PHR), and other quality department documentation.
- Package parts to prevent damage during shipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to Oberg safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a standing, sitting, or bent position for 10 hours/day and must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with control. The employee must be able to raise arms above shoulders and maintain dexterity for extended periods of time and also use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and be able to stoop or kneel for excessive periods of time. For extended periods of time, the employee must be capable of working by using of a magnifying devise. The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties the employee will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to loud noises and frequently travels within and through other departments and divisions. The atmosphere is a combination office and manufacturing setting.
- Inspectors who shall be performing ?Final Inspection? of Aerospace products must pass company eye exam which will be included in the employment physical. (Note: depending on market segment employed (e.g. Aero), passing of eye exam (can be with corrections) may become a condition of employment.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
- Must be able to understand and apply work-related documents such as operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand and perform to job-related quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices and reporting as required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints including geometric tolerances, and be able to comprehend specifications.
- Must be able to locate, diagnose and correct problems in equipment and systems utilizing test equipment and/or prior work experience.
- Must possess knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft applications.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Under normal business conditions, must be able to work 50 hours per week, however, schedule will be adjusted according to business and operational needs.
- Must be able to understand written correspondence.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, safety shoes and gloves.
- Must be able to organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be a <st1:country-region w:st="on">U.S.</st1:country-region> citizen or be able to comply with <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">U.S.</st1:place></st1:country-region> export regulations.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hands-on experience in tool & die industry, completion of apprentice program or previous quality experience preferred.
The preceding is presented as a matter of occupational information and guidance only, all such other reasonable tasks, duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary may be included for satisfactory performance.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Sarver, PA USA
Zip Code: 16055
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times