Researcher, Communication Research
for Fors Marsh Group in Arlington, VA USA
View full job description: https://formarshgroup.applytojob.com/ apply/g4IPdaRoF9/Researcher-Communication-Research
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people?s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand or influence behavior, drive action on a national or global scale, and create a positive impact on the world. FMG was created with the vision of becoming a refreshingly different type of research and consulting firm by solving challenges through solutions steeped in scientific theory, methodological rigor, and creativity. This vision has shaped core capabilities led by experts in their field, which include health communications, human capital management, digital marketing and design and data science.
As a Certified B Corporation and 2018 AMA Top 50 Market Research Company, FMG?s positive impact extends far beyond our client portfolio. FMG makes a difference in the community through pro bono service to nonprofits that are aligned with FMG?s corporate values.
Fors Marsh Group (FMG) actively fosters a diverse and culturally inclusive corporate environment. FMG understands that diversity inspires innovation and attracts valued talent. FMG is an equal opportunity employer and interviews and hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
FMG is seeking an experienced, intelligent and motivated researcher for our Communication Research & Strategy Division in the area(s) of advertising development, consumer insights, marketing, persuasion, and/or social psychology, to support a range of projects within the U.S. Army Marketing and Advertising Program.
- Contribute to the design, execution, and interpretation of social-psychological, social persuasion, and/or behavior change across a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Prepare written proposals, research reports, presentation decks, and other external communications summarizing research methods, findings, and implications.
- Conduct univariate and multivariate analyses to support a variety of research projects.
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, and other methods to collect qualifying data.
- Analyze and interpret results from descriptive and inferential quantitative analyses.
- Analyze and interpret results from qualitative research studies (e.g., thematic analysis, NVivo).
- Interact with project team on a day-to-day basis and work under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Balance roles and responsibilities across multiple concurrent studies and/or tasks.
- BA/BS degree in communication, social science, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of academic or professional research experience required.
- Experience working with advertising agencies, marketing firms, or consulting organizations.
- Military-related research, marketing, or communication experience preferred.
- Past experience preparing task or project reports and deliverables.
- Past experience with management of project timelines and scope, preferred.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently under minimal supervision
- Quantitative proficiency and experience working with data in Microsoft Excel and at least one statistical analysis software package (e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS). Experience writing code/syntax preferred.
- Experience with qualitative data collection/analysis. Proficiency with NVivo and RIVA certifications preferred.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Significant growth opportunities
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment
- Opportunities to participate in high quality research and influence decision making among government leaders
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Zip Code: 22201
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times