for CAMBA in East Elmhurst, NY USA
Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.??
CAMBA's The Landing Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 169 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The three story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Residential Aide
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 9400 Ditmas Boulevard, Queens, NY 11369
What The Residential Aide Does:
- Update and inform clients of program changes (i.e., food services changes, laundry assignments, etc.) through individual and group meetings.
- Conduct room inspection to ensure client compliance with facility policies.
- Intervene and diffuse inappropriate client interaction, as necessary.
- Monitor clients' behavior and report client changes in behavior or personal care to Supervisor and/or appropriate social services staff.
- Ensure that clients receive personal care products and laundry products weekly, and replace any personal care items as needed.
- Sort, count, and bag bed linens, blankets, and towels (may wash, dry and fold).
- Distribute clean bed linens, blankets, pillows, and towels to clients.
- Monitor clients' use of laundry facilities, including running new client's belongings through the dryer.
- Strip former clients' rooms, sort, bag, label and document belongings, carry bags to storage area, and store bags for safekeeping.
- Identify, sort, bag, label and document valuable client belongings (i.e., electronics, cash, documents, etc.) and give to Supervisor for storage.
- Follow client belongings policy and retrieve personal property of former clients upon their return.
- **** clients, as needed.
- Check food deliveries for quality and quantity of items and report any issues to Supervisor.
- Prepare kitchen and dining facilities for mealtimes and clean up after each meal.
- Heat and serve prepared foods according to Food Standards Policy (i.e., follow menu, set portion sizes, food service hygiene, check temperature of meals, etc.)
- Store food according to the Food Storage Policy (i.e., check temperature of refrigerators, rotate food, etc.)
- Prepare paper goods, setups and condiments for mealtimes.
- ?Set up coffee and hot water urns before each meal.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- Participate in Department of Health Food Protection 15 hour Course, pass exam and become a certified Food Handler.
- Must obtain Annual PPD Test.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to submitresumes@CAMBA.org and write "Residential Aide?, The Landing Family Shelter?" in subject of email.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.???
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: East Elmhurst, NY USA
Zip Code: 11369
Posted on: 01/04/2020
Viewed: 0 times