Revenue Accounting Manager
for RedSeal in San Jose, CA USA
RedSeal, Inc. is the leading provider of proactive enterprise security management solutions that enable organizations to continually monitor, assess and fortify their cyber-defenses while automating compliance. The RedSeal platform enables businesses and government agencies to visualize, model and analyze complex network and security control interactions across their entire network of firewalls, routers, load balancers and hosts. With RedSeal, organizations can better understand their security state and regulatory compliance, identify the inherent risk to their operations and critical assets, and drive actions that reduce the risks associated with cybertheft and cyber espionage.
RedSeal is looking for a highly motivated Revenue Accounting Manager to join the Finance Team and will report directly to the VP of Finance. This position will have responsibility for the Order to Cash cycle and revenue recognition under ASC 606.
The Revenue Accounting Manager is a highly visible role and will interact extensively with executives and staff across Sales, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance and Professional Service teams to perform contract reviews and provide revenue guidance on complex, non-standard multiple element transactions.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of revenue accounting principles under US GAAP and ASC606, with working knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite desired) and responsible for the month end close cycle relating to AR and revenue recognition. The candidate must have 6-8 years of relevant accounting experience in the SAAS industry, preferably with a mix of private and public company experience. Strong communication skills are essential as this role will interact regularly with other departments within the organization.
- Partner closely with the go-to-mark functions of the business ? provide clarity, ask questions and drive confident decision making for our teams. Lead the deals desk review of non-standard contracts and support Sales Operations and business partners to maximize revenue and drive revenue recognition best practices in accordance with US GAAP.
- Lead the corporate revenue recognition process under ASC 606 and deferral and recognition of cost of revenue under ASC 340.
- Perform month-end close activities including preparation of revenue and unbilled AR journal entries for software licenses, support renewals and professional services. Working knowledge of NetSuite?s ARM (for revenue recognition) and SRP (project tracking for professional services) modules are strongly desired.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts including deferred revenue accounts. Report key metrics including bookings, revenue by segment, recurring revenue ratios and support renewal rates.
- Work with FP&A to analyze BVAs related to actual vs. planned revenues, research and report on customer accounts for upsells, expansions, down sells or lost opportunities.
- Monitor and maintain SSP compliance of revenue elements.
- Participate in the completion of corporate and statutory audits, including preparation of audit schedules, support calculations, ad hoc reconciliations. Work closely with the Company?s external auditors to ensure approved revenue policies are adhered to and monitored.
- 6-8 years Public or Private high-tech company experience related to revenue recognition accounting; SaaS experience preferred.
- BS in Finance or Accounting required.
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of ASC 606 required.
- Experience with NetSuite (including their ARM, SRP modules) or other similar ERP system strongly desired.
- A natural go-getter attitude, data-driven, detail oriented, hands on, sense of urgency and the ability to follow through and implement process improvements.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Zip Code: 95110
Posted on: 02/08/2020
Viewed: 0 times