Seasonal Site Coordinator -Riverside Freedom School Summer Program
for The Riverside Church in New York, NY USA
The Riverside CDF Freedom Schools program is an educational and cultural enrichment program. The program has been proven to maintain and even improve reading levels. Our program provides summer options for children where there are none and strengthens parent and community involvement in the year-round achievement of children. The Site Coordinator should have strong leadership skills with empathy for children and their parents. The candidate should be familiar with the culture and dynamics of the community, committed to the goals of the CDF Freedom Schools program, and able to work collaboratively with all program constituents.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the site and ensure Servant Leaders have necessary materials and supplies for the classroom and students.
- Ensure proper implementation of the CDF Freedom Schools program model by managing daily site activities.
- Provide guidance, support, encouragement, and constructive feedback to Servant Leaders.
- Maintain team spirit among site staff and conduct debrief sessions at the end of each day. During the debrief sessions, provide technical assistance and feedback to the Servant Leaders on all aspects of their work.
- Design and coordinate parent workshops and other parental involvement initiatives, or assist the parent coordinator or other designee.
- Work with the Assistant Program Manager to keep the lines of communication open between parents, staff, and Sponsor Organizations.
- Serve in a supervisory capacity and the primary contact for the Servant Leaders during the May/June CDF Freedom Schools National Training.
- Attend March Orientation and Training from March 11-15, 2020 (if new to the Site Coordinator Position) will need to attend the May/June National Training from May 28-June 6, 2020.
- Assist with checking the book inventory upon receipt and notify Director of any discrepancies.
- Observe Servant Leaders facilitate the curriculum lessons and provide constructive feedback.
- Ensure the CDF curriculum is being implemented with fidelity.
- Input child, parent and staff enrollment data in the CDF?s reporting system.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor?s Degree
- Experience managing large groups of children, college-age young people, and parents.
- Solid commitment to children?s advocacy and enthusiasm for the Riverside CDF Freedom School.
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of an intergenerational team.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of individual cultural history and the willingness to be open and respectful of all cultures.
- Willingness to strive for excellence in all areas and ability to think critically and analytically.
- Exhibit positive behavior and attitude; model a mature and professional demeanor; possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the ethics of good character, humility, and servant leadership.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10027
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times