Senior Director, Supply Chain
for Blueprint Medicines in Cambridge, MA USA
Senior Director, Supply Chain
At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Blueprint Medicines is seeking an exceptional candidate for a Sr. Director, Supply Chain. The candidate will lead a team responsible for clinical and commercial supply chain planning and execution for Blueprint Medicines? clinical trial material (CTM) and to be marketed drugs.
The Sr. Director, Supply Chain will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy and successful operational execution for all activities and relationships required to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of product for clinical and commercial distribution in preparation for Blueprint Medicines? first potential US commercial product launch. Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Technical Operations, the leader in this role will partner extensively with cross-functional stakeholders internally, as well as with multiple contracted vendor organizations externally, for example: contract manufacturing organizations (CMO?s), Commercial Packaging Organizations (CPO?s), and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) providers. The individual will design, develop, and implement all supply strategies at the program level to ensure appropriate processes are established to achieve clinical supply key deliverables for each study within the program, and meet commercial product demand from launch forward. As a key leader in the rapidly growing Technical Operations organization, he/she will lead/impact end-to-end supply chain activities for Phase I clinical studies through commercialization.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams including Quality, Regulatory, Commercial, Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharm Sci), Finance, Legal, and IT.
- Lead, grow and optimize a team of supply chain professionals dedicated to comprehensive supply chain planning, collaboration and execution.
- Develop and optimize Blueprint Medicines end-to-end clinical and commercial supply chain strategies, planning, execution, development and implementation of critical supporting business processes, and logistics for long term growth to meet the primary goal of fulfilling and delivering to customers.
- Establish and facilitate (commercial) Sales and Operations Planning process and meeting, incorporating Forecasting and Planning tools along with maintaining strong cross-functional relationships with Commercial, Quality and Finance teams.
- Critical partner to Trade and Distribution team that implements the commercial distribution policies, processes and network from 3PL to Sales Channel.
- Facilitate negotiation and create or amend commercial supply agreements with CMOs, CPOs, and third-party logistics companies to establish reliable, flexible, and efficient supply chain operations that achieve production and delivery goals.
- Provide expertise in packaging technology, especially as it pertains to compliance with global regulatory requirements for serialization.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement processes and manage control documentation to address needed changes at CMOs, CPOs and/or key component suppliers, in collaboration with Pharmaceutical Sciences/Manufacturing and Quality organizations.
- Build and manage annual budgets for external manufacturing and other services
- Proactively drive cross-functional activities. Work with other line functions and external partners to manage complex projects. Identify potential system/technology improvements/enhancements.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to all policies and SOPs. Develop new policies and functional SOPs, as necessary. Provide training to staff.
- B.S. degree in life sciences, chemistry, engineering, supply chain or equivalent
- A minimum of 12 years in the management of a mix of CTM and commercial supply chain, including experience leading teams and groups in both areas
- Dynamic career progression showing increased responsibility and promotion and at least 10 years of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) and supply project management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing an annual budget of >$10MM
- Advanced degree in business, e.g. MBA, with a concentration in supply chain, logistics, etc. a plus
- Demonstrated track record negotiating service and commercial supply agreements
- Deep experience working with CMC Teams and managing relationships with CMOs/CROs
- Product launch experience a significant plus
- Strong organizational and forecasting skills
- Collaborates and communicates in an open and clear manner, listening effectively and inviting response and discussion, including with the supply chain team, other internal partners, and CMOs and other external service providers
- Demonstrated ability to engage in and lead high-level supply strategy development
- Ability to nimbly transition and execute between strategy and operational execution, with the flexibility to make course corrections in response to changes in plans
- Ability to anticipate and proactively resolve issues, applying sound judgement
- Successful track record cultivating high-performance teams; effective as a mentor and coach; able to attract, develop, inspire and retain key talent.
- Possess a flexible approach to problem solving, be an adept negotiator and apply risk based decisions with a quality-focused approach
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines? mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don?t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Zip Code: 02138
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times