Senior Front-end Developer (JS, Vue.js, Laravel)
for SportsRecruits in Brooklyn, NY USA
SportsRecruits is a platform that provides clubs, athletes and their families access to the tools they need to market themselves to college coaches. Our best-in-class technology enables athletes to discover schools, contact coaches, cut video clips and receive notifications about college coach activity.
Connections made on the platform have resulted in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions across the country. SportsRecruits is privately held and headquartered in Downtown Brooklyn, New York.
About the Position
We are a team of fun, intelligent, happy, and hardworking co-workers (check out our dev team culture) who occasionally take advantage of the office kegerators. We are profitable, funded and giving more high school athletes the ability to play college athletics than any other recruiting tool out there. Your problem-solving skills will make a direct impact in how we scale and grow the company.
This position will be reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- 5+ years developing web based applications in a professional team-based environment
- Will act as the primary front-end developer of all client facing digital products including websites, mobile apps, and other software efforts
- Write flexible and reusable code for UI components with a focus on performance. You know the trade-offs, when to make concessions and how to be adaptive in presenting these difficulties to various groups
- Have experience with VueJS or React. You understand the pros and cons of scoped slots vs mixins vs higher order components. You?ve written tests to ensure the reliability of reusable components
- Advanced knowledge of Flexbox, CSS Grid, and CSS3 animations. You?ve pushed the boundaries of SVG and Canvas animations and you?re often figuring out how the fancy animated effect you stumbled onto works
- Have experience with CLI tooling. You?ve set up build processes to compile various front end projects
Ability to work with and debug REST API responses. You?ve mocked data to start on the front end project without the backend being ready
- Understand cross-browser issues and debugging. We support the latest two versions of all the major browsers but occasionally need to make something work for even older browser
- Passionate about good design and usability
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tailwind CSS and/or utility based CSS Frameworks
- Familiar with with SEO optimizations and analytics tools
- Familiar/involved with open source projects and workflows
- Experience working with teams of developers and designers on web projects
- Independent, self-motivated, inquisitive
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Unlimited PTO through our ?Personal Responsibility Vacation Policy?
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Beer and cold brew coffee on tap
- Start to finish project ownership
- Monthly team dinners and other social group outings
- Open to remote
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Zip Code: 11201
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times