Senior Software Data Engineer
for Levelset in New Orleans, LA USA
Levelset helps contractors and suppliers get payment under control, and envisions a world where no one loses a night's sleep over payment.
Over 500,000 contractors and suppliers connect on Levelset's cloud-based platform to make payment processes stress-free. Users easily exchange payment documents like lien waivers, pay applications, and preliminary notices, they see a complete picture of who is on their job, and are empowered with the resources and knowledge they need to be confident in payment. The results are faster payments and fewer surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Headquartered in New Orleans with offices in Austin and Cairo, Egypt, Levelset employs more than 150 people. We're a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, with a mountain of opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you ready?
Join us as a Data Engineer, and be instrumental in helping achieve our vision to change behavior and revolutionize payment in the gigantic and increasingly tech-savvy construction industry.
Where you come in
A Data Engineer at Levelset is responsible for assembling, transforming, and loading large data sets about US contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, projects, payment documents, etc... across various internal and external sources (i.e. Saas applications and data systems, US County Clerk data). Our stack currently consists of technologies like MySQL, PHP, Neo4J, Redis and other modern tools in a highly scalable microservices architecture.
Job Duties (but not limited to):
Building Production Grade Data Pipelines, Processes, and Cloud Architecture
- Troubleshoot data jobs / processes in production to fix data quality bugs or pipeline performance issues
- Implement data quality controls, monitoring systems, and processes to maintain high data integrity
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data on AWS
- Build and design architecture for managing data history from a variety of sources through data updates and data transformations
- Identify, design, and implement internal data pipeline jobs / processes improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for scalability, etc.
Develop standard release readiness and data deployment / change management processes
- Build Appropriate Data Models and Schema's for Business Use Cases
- Build and assemble large, complex data sets with multi-dimensional relationships that meet both functional and non-functional requirements from business stakeholder
- Develop and maintain a formal description of the data and data structures, data definitions and data models
- Perform detailed data and clustering analysis (i.e. determine the data composition, content, and quality of the data through examination of contributing sources and data samples)
Collaboration and Strategic Decision Making
- Collaborate with product, engineering, software development and other teams to come up with solutions that will work for the business
- Offer solutions to business problems from a data engineering perspective, help drive the business forward
- Explain and offer architecture and data process design solutions that will best support the business and product
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis and/or management in an enterprise cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Excellent in SQL skills
- Ability to write Cypher code and understanding of Graph Databases
- Experience with one or more languages Python, R, SQL (advanced), Cypher, C#, Scala, Java, Postgres, Go
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/Teradata/Vertica/Hadoop
- Experience in designing and developing production grade ETL data pipelines to input / export data across systems (RDBMS, NoSQL, Columnar, or Graph) and applications
- Experience developing complex efficient queries, designing and building logical data models, and working with large datasets on various database systems (nosql, rdbms, graph)
- Passion for data structures, data quality, and data interoperability
- Analytical mindset with the ability to structure and process qualitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Problem solver able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution
- Quick learner and open to new ideas and technologies, and willing to offer creative solutions
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and motivated to continually learn
Nice to Have
- Experience in building Hadoop applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce with large datasets (>20M records / entities)
- Experience with or advanced courses on data science and machine learning with knowledge of statistics, including hands-on experience with SAS, R, Matlab, Machine Learning models (supervised / unsupervised)
- Experience operationalizing machine learning models on large datasets
- Experience with text analysis, nlp, and other information extraction techniques
What We Offer
We are passionate about software engineering, and building beautiful software products using advanced technologies and efficient development workflows. We have an inventive and uplifting culture inspired by mission and bound together in values. We love how our mission and values push us to work harder, think bigger, take risks, and challenge the status quo. We literally ask everyone on the team to judge our culture every day, and we live up to our high standards. Here are some benefits we offer:
- This is a place where you can do your best work. You'll wrestle with big challenges, have the resources to meet them, work with stunning colleagues, and love working here.
- Get invested in an electric opportunity with considerable upside with equity options.
- Fully paid Health insurance. Dental / Vision group plan available.
- Open vacation policy with minimums, but not maximums.
- Subsidized International Travel because we highly value intellectual curiosity and perspective.
- Flexible paid sick, parental, & personal leave policy.
- Team lunches & stocked snacks.
- Dog-friendly office.
However, what we really offer is not all that, it's the chance to be on a rocket-ship! To build software with the highest standards, and work with a team of outstanding players in an awesome working environment to make a real difference in good people's lives!
Are you up for the challenge?
Read more about why being on a rocket ship is the best of your career options from Levelset's CEO here.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Zip Code: 70130
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times