Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
for Deepfield in Ann Arbor, MI USA
At Nokia, we create the technology to connect the world. We develop and deliver the industry?s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Our customers include communications service providers whose combined networks support 6.1 billion subscriptions, as well as enterprises in the private and public sector that use our network portfolio to increase productivity and enrich lives.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people, beings and things communicate and connect.
Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, we are leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity.
Deepfield is dedicated business line and a part of Nokia?s IP and Optical Networks business group. At Deepfield, we build software-based solutions that cover IP network intelligence, analytics and distributed denial of service (DDoS) security. Using our Deepfield portfolio, our customers can obtain unique, real-time network and services insight that can help them improve their network performance and security, and optimize their customers? experience for the 5G, cloud and IoT era.
We are engaged in cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics and, as a result of our work we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence and analytics.
What We Do at Deepfield
Our customers are internet-focused companies that are fully immersed in the 21<sup>st</sup> century: our solutions have found their place in the largest networks of today ? from service providers (cable and multiple system operators, telecommunications service providers, and cloud providers) to webscale companies and large digital enterprises. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is in turning all that data into meaningful and actionable information that can be used to drive improved network performance and customer experience, create better strategic business decisions and automate networks and network operations.
The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for all these answers.
It isn't enough for our products to be intuitive, engaging, and beautifully engineered and designed - they also need to be reliable and scalable.
This is where we need you.
You'll work on a small team to help define and, most importantly, build the backend to a business intelligence application that allows the user to navigate, analyze, and explore massive data in ways that anticipate the questions that need to be answered.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a proven track record delivering production-quality software over at least the last five years. This isn't a "connect-the-dots" dev position ? our engineers must be able to take loosely defined, complex ideas and run with them, working toward that elegant result.
- Write clean, scaleable, and tested code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to architecture/design discussions
- Help lead and scale our engineering organization
Skill set requirements
- Writing code that runs on large clusters over terabytes of data every day
- Developing in Python, C, Scala, Clojure or whatever language is appropriate for each project
- Day-to-day Linux, Git/Mercurial, all from the shell
- Previous data warehousing experience (OLAP, for example)
- Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
- Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
- Experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers
- Experience working with large amounts of streaming or batch data
- Familiarity with common networking protocols and terminology
- Familiarity with network operations (running networks)
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings? oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
- Opportunity to learn about other cutting-edge technologies and engage in collaboration with diverse set of colleagues all over the world
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Zip Code: 48104
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times