Senior Software Engineer, FIRST Robotics Competition
for FIRST in Manchester, NH USA
Who We Are
FIRST<sup></sup> is the world?s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education and the development of holistic skills to prepare young people for the future. For 30 years, FIRST has combined the rigor of STEM learning with the fun and excitement of traditional sports and the inspiration that comes from community through programs that have a proven impact on learning, interest and skill-building inside and outside of the classroom. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world ? today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer that is responsible for working efficiently in a team of developers as a senior-level technology member, applying technical knowledge in the analysis, specification, development, integration, testing, debugging, refinement, and implementation to meet the requirements of the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC). This person serves as a technical advisor and mentor to development staff. He/she is expected to work closely with other team members, participate in design and coding reviews on assigned projects, review junior members work and encourage consistent coding standards and methodologies on each project. If you enjoy producing creative solutions to complex problems, have advanced knowledge in software development and prototyping, and enjoy mentoring and supporting team members, this role is for you!
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other?s successes. You?ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: FIRST Robotics Competition Senior Electrical Engineering Manager. This position is located in Manchester, NH
- Development, testing, implementation, and support of hardware and software for the FRC Field Management System (FMS)
- Design, programming and testing of the FMS software; focusing on UI/UX design, system scalability, reliability, and integration with cloud computing resources
- FRC Game Design; game prototype development and testing, focusing on human machine interfaces.
- Development of next-gen playing field hardware and software
- Lead design and code reviews
- Oversee the breakdown and priority of work items in software backlog
- Implement software solutions to distill complex patterns and data sets into meaningful/actionable tasks by FIRST volunteers
- Event support during the FRC competition season
Qualifications and Experience:
- Requires BS/ BA or work experience in an engineering related discipline
- Requires minimum 5 years of directly-related experience
- Fluent with some of the following: Visual Studio 2017 (C++, C#) or newer, .NET Framework 4.x and/or .NET Core, WCF, WPF, SQL, Azure
- Working knowledge of serial (RS-232, RS-485), UDP, and TCP/IP protocols
Commitment to FIRST Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Manchester, NH USA
Zip Code: 03101
Posted on: 12/31/2019
Viewed: 0 times