Senior Software Engineer
for Panopto in Seattle, WA USA
<meta charset="utf-8" />
Panopto is seeking a versatile Software Engineer to be part of our growing development team here in Seattle We are looking for candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative, rapidly changing environment and are excited to solve for new challenges. As an engineer at Panopto, you will have a huge impact on the inception, design and implementation of the software and services that allow millions of people using Panopto every day to learn and share knowledge.
At Panopto, we believe that video can have a transformative effect on learning. So we built a video platform that helps businesses and universities improve the way that they train, teach, and share knowledge. Since our founding in 2007, we?ve been a pioneer in video capture software, video content management systems, and inside-video search technology. We?ve been recognized by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America, and by Gartner as a Leader in video content management. Today, more than 5 million end users depend on our software, and we have over 130 employees spread across our offices in Seattle, Pittsburgh, London, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
If you are interested in working with other down-to-earth, smart people who love to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done in the face of big, exciting challenges, then we want to talk.
More About the Opportunities
- Design and develop reliable, high quality, and efficient frontend and/or backend services
- Drive, own and maintain a variety of large and small projects
- Implement new features and optimize existing features to drive maximum performance
- Work in a cross-functional team that spans across our entire product
- Come up with creative solutions, solve problems in an agile environment
More About You
- Great customer empathy instincts: naturally identify and prioritize what?s important to end users.
- You build very high quality software. You appreciate having QA check your work, but naturally feel a bit of internal discomfort whenever someone finds a bug you didn?t catch yourself.
- You thrive in an environment of ambiguity - asking the right questions and focusing on the most important aspects of a situation to establish order and spread that order to your peers.
- You have a history with and passion for building production-grade dynamically scalable services which can operate under massive sudden loads
- You have a solid foundation in computer science, including thorough knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented software design and service based architecture
- You have experience in SaaS product development and have seen it through delivery to end users
- You love to learn new things and become an expert in new areas
- You have excellent communication skills
- You hold a 4-year degree in computer science and have 3+ years of industry experience.
What We Offer
- A team environment surrounded by equally motivated and talented engineers
- A market-leading product you can stand behind
- Opportunity to learn and stretch your capabilities in new areas
- Market-competitive total compensation package including employee stock options
- Employer-paid health benefits
- Paid time-off, parental leave and holidays
- An award-winning work environment in historic Smith Tower
Panopto is an equal opportunity employer. Proudly recognized as a great place to work by Fortune, Seattle Business, Pittsburgh Business Times and Great Place to Work Institute. Learn more about us at panopto.com/careers.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Zip Code: 98104
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times