Senior Technical Support Engineer
for RedSeal in Raleigh, NC USA
<h1 style="margin-top:2.85pt; margin:12pt 0in 0.0001pt">Introduction</h1>
RedSeal is an enterprise cyber security platform company located in San Jose, California. The platform calculates a model of the networking infrastructure (physical, cloud, hybrid) and helps customers validate and improve their overall level of resilience, accelerate incident containment and improve the productivity of the resource constrained security and networking teams. Our customers include all four branches of the military and some of the largest finance, healthcare, power and technology companies in the world. Our domain is network security and the industry is going through a radical expansion. RedSeal had an outstanding year and is rapidly growing. We think our future is very bright, and we?d love to share our vision with you.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our team of highly skilled support engineers. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly complex technical issues. Your role will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers. In this role, you will be the voice of the company and the technical expert who leverages technical skills and creativity to solve our customers? issues and ensure their overall success and satisfaction.
Our support culture is a proactive one; we believe in keeping close relationships with our customers and looking for people who enjoy high touch customer engagement and technical challenges. Be ready to hit the ground running with your technical capabilities, critical and creative thinking and fast-paced problem-solving skills!
- Customers matter to you and guiding them to success gives you a personal sense of achievement.
- You have a voracious appetite for technical knowledge and prefer independent learning with mentorship but know when to ask for help.
- Your work is important to you, so you take ownership of issues and follow through in helping your customers be successful. You are able to balance your drive to find the root cause of an issue with a recognition that a timely solution for the customer comes first.
- When listening to customer descriptions of issues, you take the time to understand the context of the customer's request. You know that customers sometimes pursue a solution to a problem without realizing that there is a better way to achieve their end goal.
- You work well with others, recognizing that your combined strengths will help your customers and the team be successful.
Your primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting, analyzing complex technical problems and working with the customer and RedSeal development teams to resolve technical roadblocks. You will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources for resolution in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will manage communications with customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- See customer support cases through to completion.
- Review network device config files, server logs, and other data sources to find root causes of customer issues. Communicate requests for product code fixes to developers.
- Work with customers via phone, email, and screen sharing.
- Document all technical inquiries and develop and review content for knowledgebase.
- BS or equivalent experience desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of Technical Services experience in the networking space.
- Must have background in building or maintaining networks.
- Should be familiar with most of the following:
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Load balancers
- Configuration management databases (CMDB)
- Experience working with customers, understanding their use cases and working with them to resolve issues.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with presenting information to others.
- Excellent customer-relationship skills: responsiveness, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong relationship management skills, effectively establishing empathy with customers through insight into their business drivers and expectations.
- Able to deal with difficult customer situations.
- Strong track record of following-through on commitments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills and technical aptitudes that allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Sets an example of good work procedures and practices.
- Passionate about delivering high quality service to customers, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Preferred Qualifications/Skills/Areas of Interest
While it would be great, we don?t expect you to have mastery of all of the technologies that we work with when you walk in the door. We do highly value the ability to rapidly assimilate new and evolving technologies; and you?ll find this a rich environment in which to learn.
Examples of experience, skill and knowledge areas of interest include:
- Must be comfortable with UNIX-ish command line. UNIX systems administration experience is a plus, especially Linux.
- Practical network security experience is a strong benefit.
- Ability to write scripts to utilize a web-based API is helpful.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Service Cloud is helpful.
Additional Job Details
- This position is a remote, work-from-home position based out of NC or surrounding Southeastern states.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Raleigh, NC USA
Zip Code: 27601
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times