Service Engineer Level II
for Verimatrix in Tucson, AZ USA
A Service Engineer at Verimatrix thrives in a fast-paced environment solving support requests for our customers and partners. Service Engineer have a background in systems administration and/or network administration and a good understanding of how Verimatrix?s products fit within the larger ecosystem of integrated off-the-shelf and custom solutions. A successful Service Engineer will be proactive in preventing issues from arising and in notifying customers of possible issues. S/he is systematic their approach to problem-solving, curious and inquisitive as well as flexible. S/he will anticipate questions and issues customers and partners may have, and will share their feedback with Operations, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Sales teams to improve product quality and increase customer satisfaction.
Verimatrix customers are some of the largest cable, satellite, telco and Internet TV operators in the world, and our team provides 24x7x365 support to these high-traffic, high-availability systems. Our headquarters are located in San Diego, California with regional offices in Munich, Paris, Beijing and Singapore.
This position is based in Ismaning near Munich.
Some tasks the Service Engineer will have
- Monitor Support Ticket Queue for incoming support requests and perform initial review
- Providing Level 1 and 2 troubleshooting for our customers via online support portal
- Escalate issues to Senior Service Engineers, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product Management and Sales when necessary
- Generate knowledge base articles consisting of lessons learned
- Generate software licenses and delivering software to our customers
- Updating our CRM system with up-to-date customer, system, project and case information
- Install, configure and troubleshoot the company?s products
- Conduct internal product testing
- Be part of a team that provides 24/7/365 global support and be available for 24-hour on-call duties with company mobile phone, as necessary
- Basic Unix skills, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux or similar
- Basic IP network configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English to respond to customers in a timely and professional manner
- Professional, positive, ?can-do? attitude
- Self-Motivated Learner
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to walk others through their logic
- Each of the Following would be a Plus
- Business-level fluency in a non-English language
- Certifications from sources such as Cisco, F5, Microsoft, Red Hat or Oracle
- Familiar with video encoding standards and streaming protocol such as: MPEG-2/MPEG-4, H.264/H.265, RTP/RTSP, MPEG-DASH, Apple HLS, Smooth Streaming, HDS, etc.
- Experience with security protocols, server hardening techniques, cryptography, AES, PGP, PKI, SSL/TLS
- Experience with SQL-based databases such as Oracle Enterprise Database server
- Programming or scripting in C/C++/Objective-C, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS?) and ViewRight solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Zip Code: 85737
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times