Sewing Machine Mechanic
for Performance Designs in Deland, FL USA
Position Summary: Responsible for conducting sewing machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products, work instructions and procedures.<h1 align="left" style="text-align:left">Essential Duties and Responsibilities</h1>
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled repairs on sewing machines, digital strip cutters and the hot knives.
- Administers maintenance on sewing machines to include cleaning, lubrication, timing, adjustments, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the processing, assemble and disassembly of sewing machines for refurbishing.
- Designs and fabricates folders, hemmers, and various spare parts for sewing machine attachments.
- Maintains stock inventory, orders tools, parts and supplies as necessary to maintain operation flow.
- At the request of Supervisor and/or Manager, provides routine training to sewing machine operators on threading machines, removing/replacing bobbins, adjusting tensions and preventive maintenance.
- Evaluates self-work to ensure compliance with Performance Designs, Inc. work instructions and standards.
- Responsible for maintaining budget.
- Creates and maintains layout of Production floor using Micrografx Designer Software.
- Performs other inherent duties related, but not limited, to the above.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Must have previous commercial sewing machine maintenance background
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have good knowledge of hand tools and machinery.
- Must have the ability to interpret drawings and manufacturing instructions/specifications.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow written Standard Operating Procedure Specifications that are written in the English language.
- Must pass the Performance Designs, Inc. Light Industrial Skill Test
- Must pass the Purdue Pegboard Dexterity test
- Finger, hand and arm dexterity crucial to perform maintenance on sewing machines.
- Visual acuity necessary to operate machines and replace parts.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must have legible handwriting to complete required documentation.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend and lift for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Deland, FL USA
Zip Code: 32724
Posted on: 01/15/2020
Viewed: 0 times