Shelter Outreach Contractor
for DoSomething.org in New York, NY USA
SHELTER OUTREACH CONTRACTOR
Who We Are
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make an impact in their communities.
We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
We don?t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office.
We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own ?why? for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
Report to: Campaigns Manager
This position would provide support to the campaign manager on Teens for Jeans, one of the organization?s largest campaigns. DoSomething.org has partnered with Aropostale to run the largest blue jean drive in the country. Almost 40% of people experiencing homelessness in the United States are under 18. One item they commonly request in homeless shelters is a pair of jeans. Why? Jeans are comfortable in any season and can be worn multiple times between washes. Plus, for a teenager without many belongings, wearing a pair of jeans can provide a sense of normalcy.
Over the last several years, DoSomething members like you have collected over 5 million pairs of jeans for homeless shelters around the country. One year, we donated enough to clothe half of all US youth in homeless shelters. Welcome to the largest youth-led denim drive ever.
For the campaign to work, each store in the U.S. needs to be matched with a local shelter or charity that serves young people. The shelter outreach assistant would manage the creation and organization of a charity partner database. In the past, we worked with over 1,000 shelters.
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: January 17, 2020 with the potential to continue part-time for an additional 3 weeks (We are closed for the Holiday December 20, 2019 through January 1, 2020)
- Hours: Full-Time (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday)
- Location: Our Flatiron Office - 19 W 21st, New York, NY 10010
The contractor needs to be:
- comfortable on the phone
And proficient in:
- database management
- data entry
- Excel or Google Sheets
- customer service
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (?we?, ?us?) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be ?recycled? for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR?s systems in accordance with JazzHR?s Terms of Service.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10001
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times