Software Automation Engineer
for Booker DiMaio, LLC in Baltimore, MD USA
<h1 style="margin-top:1.75pt; margin:0in 0in 0.0001pt 6pt">As a member of our Software Engineering Team we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. As an automation engineer, you will have to work closely with other teams to help discover and eliminate problems by gathering requirements and implementing process automation.</h1>
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Design and execute QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality.
- Run tests for databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Collaborate with other team members to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Release Engineering team and Operations team to create, maintain, develop and implement automated deployments.
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and tools including code review, source code management, continuous integration, continuous testing, release automation, and ?infrastructure as code.?
- Experience with software development in Python, Java.
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows build tools, including cmake, ant, gcc, and Visual Studio.
- Experience packaging and installing software using RPMs.
- Linux system administration experience (RHEL preferred).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows shell scripting.
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings.
- Experience with Atlassian software development tools including Jira, Bitbucket/git and Confluence.
- Experience working with Subversion (SVN)
- Experience with integrating test automation into a CI/CD pipeline using tools, including Jenkins
- Experience working with Informatica or other ETL tools.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience or knowledge of Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, Ansible, or Cloud Formation.
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Zip Code: 21201
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times