Software Developer I
for Insurance Office of America in Longwood, FL USA
- A Software Developer with at least 1 to 3 years of experience?
- Looking for a company where you will be treated with respect, be appreciated for your expertise and contributions, and have the opportunity to lead others?
- Wanting to join an insurance industry leader that will invest in your professional development and help you reach your fullest potential?
- Ready to take a leap forward in your career with a company that truly cares about growing people - and not just profits?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We?re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation?s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we?re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren?t just clichs here ? they?re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We?re looking for a Software Developer I to join our Longwood, Florida branch team.
Software Developer I success factors include:
- Regular and consistent attendance is expected and a necessary component to the job
- Technical development and software system maintenance using a combination of .NET/Web technologies
- Responsible for specific components of the SDLC process including: Design, Development, Code Review, Software Testing and Documentation
- Interface with team architect, business analyst and management in the planning, estimation, documentation and status reporting of assigned project work
- Participates in training, mentoring, and ongoing professional development of Team Support/Receptionist and / or new hire
- Lifting and carrying large equipment/boxes over 5 lbs.
- Bending and stooping to utilize necessary office equipment
Qualified candidates will have:
- Excellent multi-tasking, and organizations skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree
- Experience with Microsoft c# 6, ASP.NET MVC 5 and Web API 2.1
- Proficient with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience using SQLServer 2008 R2 and later/NHibernate or comparable ORM
- Fundamental Object-Oriented Design knowledge
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Design concepts
- Experience using Code-First Development Strategy
- Understanding of Onion Architecture
- Creativity is a plus
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications
- Knowledge of software development life-cycle
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Software Developer I position will be contacted. We?re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Longwood, FL USA
Zip Code: 32750
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
Delectus in Jacksonville, FL
Robert Half Technology in Miami, FL
Boar's Head Brand in Sarasota, FL
Confidential in Winter Park, FL
Robert Half Technology in Hollywood, FL
Robert Half Technology in Miami, FL
Confidential in Orlando, FL
Robert Half Technology in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Confidential in Jacksonville, FL