Software Engineer I.
for Verimatrix in San Diego, CA USA
A Software Engineer I at Verimatrix participates in the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The software engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The engineer should enjoy working through the software development lifecycle. A successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. The engineer will need to learn and understand the entire Verimatrix product suite as well as gain deep technical knowledge of particular solutions in the group he/she joins. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Some tasks the software engineer will have:
- Develop software for managing premium video content in various environments
- Participate in discussions dealing with architectures, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews
- Implement designs, write code, write and perform unit tests, integrate into our distributed video security system and follow deliverables through the product design/development lifecycle
- Develop new algorithms and software with a focus on performance, efficiency, and sustainability under the direction of more senior software engineers
- Estimate development tasks
- Correct software defects
- Provide tier 3 technical support as needed
- Others as assigned
This position reports to a technical manager within the development team.
- 3-5 years software engineering work experience
- 3 or more years C/C++ or Java or Python or Objective C design and coding experience (more than 1 language is a big plus)
- Significant programming experience using the following:
- Network programming using TCP, UDP, etc.
- Object-oriented programming techniques
- Solid communication skills including documentation
- Server and application programming in Linux, OS X, or Windows (2 or more a plus)
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus
- AWS Cloud service development
- Android or iOS development
- Client/server distributed architectures
- Digital Rights Management
- Embedded software development experience, particularly in Linux set top boxes
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Service-oriented architecture
- Video Conditional Access Systems
- Video standards such as: DECE/UltraViolet, MPEG2/4, AVC, H.264, MPEG DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, PlayReady, Marlin and RTSP
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS?) and ViewRight solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.
Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) works works with some of the biggest brands in the world such as Amazon, VISA, TIVo, MasterCard, Broadcom, AT&T, Cablevison, HBO and Intel to secure their connected content, communications, devices and applications with our trusted, state-of-the-industry authentication and security solutions. For example, we provide content providers and their subscribers with a seamless, secure TV Everywhere experience because as we all know, passwords suck. We provide banks and payment processors with secure mobile tokenizations that make 'hacker-proof' transactions a reality. And we provide award-winning code protection for software developers in the fields of IoT, gaming, automotive and mobile applications so that a connected devise has a low probability of going rogue. And our advanced analytics platform enables real-time QoE analysis, business intelligence, insightful data visualization as a foundation for predictive actions to retain and delight subscribers. Verimatrix has secured more than 5 billion devices, 400 million mobile applications and has 20 years experience as a trusted industry leader in the security sector. We believe in securing the connected future. We are Verimatrix.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Zip Code: 92121
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times