Spring Data Science Intern
for ěptimus Consulting in Alexandria, VA USA
ptimus Consulting, a data science and software company, is seeking a data science intern in their Washington D.C. area office for the summer term. Interns with the Data Science & Predictive Analytics team will participate in all aspects of work at ptimus. In an environment where a ?long-term? project lasts one or two weeks, no two days are the same. You won't be getting coffee. You'll sit in on meetings and work on multiple projects: writing call scripts that are used in hundreds of thousands of calls, streamlining our current workflow, and creating statistical models to meet the needs of our clients, just to name a few. You'll be doing the work that a full-time employee does. We'll match what you're good at with what you enjoy and what we need.
Our internships are mostly geared towards those still in school, whether undergraduate or graduate. This job posting is for the spring 2020 period, with flexible starting dates in January. We don't guarantee full-time employment after an internship, but we're a growing firm and are always looking for bright, hard-working talent. If you're looking for a full-time job, this is a good first step and puts you ahead of the competition!
- Must be able to learn quickly and juggle multiple projects with moving deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have at least one course in statistics or equivalent real-world experience.
- Having courses or experience in machine learning, data mining, regression, generalized linear models, experimental design, and/or GIS is especially desired!
- Must have killer Excel skills and be incredibly competent in Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must have experience in R or Python - both is a plus!
- A passion for politics is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience with computer programming is a plus.
- Experience with statistical modeling is a plus.
Internships with ptimus are paid commensurate with professional and academic experience.
ptimus Consulting is a family of statisticians, graphic designers, data scientists, programmers, social media marketing analysts, and recovering politicos. Since its founding in 2013, 0ptimus has been at the forefront of developing innovative data and analytics software platforms. 0ptimus has designed and delivered data-driven strategies for leading political campaigns, Fortune 500 companies, and non-profits around the globe.
We handle a wide variety of projects and use many different technologies and programs to meet our clients' needs, so our culture here is one of constant learning and curiosity, while doing things the right way. We boast a two-floor office near the yellow and blue Metro lines, no cubicles, a nacho cheese machine, and kegerator. If you live by the "work hard, play hard" philosophy, then you'll be a great fit with the ptimus team.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Alexandria, VA USA
Zip Code: 22314
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times