Sr. Accounting Associate
for Levelset in New Orleans, LA USA
<section aria-label="Page 1">
We?re a high-growth technology startup with offices in New Orleans, Austin, and Cairo, and we?re disrupting the $11+ trillion construction payment industry. We are well-funded with over $46m in venture capital from top-tier firms. We?re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, and we have a mountain of opportunity for you.
This position provides a unique challenge for the candidate seeking an exciting opportunity to grow in one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the country. This position will have the discretion to grow within and improve the Finance department while working with some of the smartest people you will ever know.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform routine financial accounting processes on a regular basis and assist the Corporate Controller and VP of Finance & Operations with special projects as needed. The Senior Accounting Associate will have the opportunity to take ownership of, improve and create solutions to financial accounting processes that impact the entire company.
What you?ll work on:
The functional responsibilities of this role will look like a lot many other small businesses. You will be responsible for customer billing, payroll, preparing financial statements, cash reconciliations, etc. but the context will likely be different than any place you have worked; customer billing is a complex blend of automated subscriptions and manual billings; we onboard and offboard new people every week across multiple states; entire departments may be reorganized on a day?s notice; we rely more on informed decision than policy. In this consistently evolving context you will:
- Manage accounting staff (currently one, but expected to grow)
- Provide accurate and complete financial statements with GL Accounts Reconciled Monthly
- Oversee completion of payroll accurately and on time (weekly)
- GL Accounts Reconciled Monthly
- Manage the customer billing and revenue recognition process, which is driven by Stripe and Netsuite
- See opportunities for improvement and take on special projects as needed
- Interface with and fulfill requests of external tax accountants and auditors
What should be true about you:</section><section aria-label="Page 2">
- You have a strong accounting and analytical background, but likely feel bored or stifled by rigid accounting roles.
- When you see a recurring challenge that comes across your desk, you are eager to work outside your department ? with Sales, Customer Success, customers, engineering ? to find solutions that keep the customer happy and the company growing fast.
- You can handle the chaos of a company that is growing incredibly quickly (see Warning Label below)
- Have enthusiasm for a non-traditional office environment.
- You are eager to grow and take on more, and you understand that mastering your current responsibilities is the way to unlock more opportunities.
- You are ready to make the call and be held accountable for your choices because you put a premium on proactivity and resilience.
- You have a ?growth mindset? that leads you to seek challenges, solve problems, and accept more responsibility than you are confident you are ready for.
- Attention to detail is fundamental. You are going to produce amazing results and do not expect someone watching over your should or double-checking your work.
From ?The Levelset Warning Label?
Aggressive growth companies like Levelset are exciting. They provide you with interesting and rare opportunities and challenges. You will learn continuously, and there will be moments when you?ll take on extra responsibility and be allowed to punch above your weight class. In some circumstances, team members may experience very rapid career progression. While at Levelset, you will have many great days. You will also have very rough days. You will find yourself at times breaking through difficulties and feeing ahead of the curve, but then, perhaps even quite suddenly, you?ll feel far behind and overwhelmed. Sometimes it will seem as if Levelset is perfectly assembled and put together, and other times, Levelset will look like an absolute mess. There will be misses. There will be times when information is hazy, incomplete, and inaccurate. There will be times when we make a big investment and it doesn?t pan out. We?ll lose on an expensive bet. It?s not fun to lose. Remember, all of this is on the warning label. It?s part of the system. When we fall, it?s the job to get back up again. When we?re burned, the saddest thing is to never learn. And at the end of the day, we?re all on this rocketship. We just need to keep inching closer. Keep focusing on the prize. Good luck.</section><section aria-label="Page 3">
Are you ready?</section>
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Zip Code: 70130
Posted on: 01/22/2020
Viewed: 0 times