Sr. Electrical Design Engineer - 20+ years Experience
for Integral Group in Oakland, CA USA
***********************To Be Consider, all Candidates must be located in the U.S.****************************************
Category:&n bsp; Senior Electrical Engineer L6 - Principal Job No: &nbs p; 19-1102-OAK-SEE6
Type: : Regular Full-time ? 1.0 FTE &nbs p;   ; Location: Oakland
Minimum Experience: 20+ years & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; & nbsp; Number of openings: 1
(paid applicable work experience in the U.S.)
*********************************** NO AGENCY SUBMITTALS ACCEPTED*****************************************
- Do you have 20 or more years managing a large team/department in a MEP Consulting environment?
- Do you 5 or more years of experience in a LEED, deep green design build environment?
- Do you have expert technical design experience and like to train and mentor junior staff?
- Do you want to work for and with people who have such a deep passion to change the world?
- Are methodical and pramatic in your approach to problems and can find solutions to whatever crops up to keep the project, the staff and the clients all moving forward in harmony?
- Do you want to learn and grow in a flexible environment where you are encouraged to dream big and introduce ideas/concepts/designs beyond what we think is possible?
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of engineering system concepts with direction from the Project Manager/Team Leader. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer trains, leads and works with Junior and Intermediate staff to understand all aspects of design and project delivery related to the discipline. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the development and oversight of engineering tools. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer performs design reviews of projects for accuracy, coordination, and constructability.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
Provide technical assistance to the Team Leader/Project Manager as follows:
- Set up and maintain design file
- Perform Cable calculations
- Perform Lighting modeling
- Electrical systems design layout and final design with mininal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral BIM/Revit Standards are being followed
- Final motor list review or preparation
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections using Itegral selection procedures
- Coordinate electrical and mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.)
- Co-ordinate or confirm service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Manager and/or PIC (including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews/meetings with clients
- Review/supervise drafting, prepare/review markups
- Assist with fee proposal preparation
- Maintain client relations
- 20+ years MEP design experience in electrical systems
- BIM/Revit experience is preferred
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings
- Able to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes
- Able to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Able to stamp and serve as engineer of record for assigned projects
- Able to ?sketch? ideas
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Professional Engineer (PE) required
- LEED<sup></sup> Accredited Professional designation is an asset
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- MS or equivalent degree is an asset
ABOUT INTEGRAL GROUP
Now 800 strong globally, our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice. Bigger isn?t always better. We are small, but mighty and growing. We have more than doubled in less than 2 years. Currently, we have 5-locations in Canada, 10-Locations in the US, 2-locations in UK, 2-locations in Australia and 1-location in Belgrade, Serbia.
Voted the Top Zero Energy MEP Firm by the NBI in 2018, we believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation. Our passion for sustainable design runs deep for our organization and our employees.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our approach to design and continues to reflect our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come. To date we have completed more than 50 LEED Platinum Certified projects; over 100 Net Zero Energy projects and have Five Net Zero Certified building with 8 more in process; 9 Living Building Challenge projects in Design and much more. Please visit our website to learn about the different types of projects, industries and climates that comprise our impressive portfolio.
At Integral Group an entrepreneurial spirit drives everything we do. We challenge ourselves with each and project to design a better-performing building and to never default to the status quo or conventional models.
Medical/Dental/Vision/ HSA-FSA/Generous PTO/10-Paid Holidays/Personal Floating Holiday/401k with generous match
Wellness Subsidy/ Tax Free Commuter Program/EAP/Tuition Assistance/Professional Licensing/In-House Training
Bring your dog to work/Lunch and Learns/Indoor Bike Storage/Healthy Snacks/ Cold Brew Coffee on TAP
Participation in Community based Projects-Activities/Fun Employee Events AND FLEXIBILITY
At Integral Group we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture of TRUST where we NURTURE the spirit and development of our employees and INSPIRE them to dream big. We conduct our business in an organic fashion because creativity needs to breath. We are not weighed down/stifled by a ton of rules and corporate politics. We are adults, we conduct ourselves and our company as adults and we empower our employees with the flexibility to maintain a strong work/life balance.
TRUST &n bsp; &nb sp; NURTURE & nbsp; INSPIRE
Integral Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
**Please read the job qualifications carefully and apply only if you meet the minimum qualifications listed**
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Zip Code: 94612
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times