for OTC Markets Group Inc in New York, NY USA
OTC Markets Group Inc., operator of premier US financial marketplaces, is seeking a temporary staff accountant for our finance team based in New York office. The assignment is expected to last 6 month with potential to turn into a full time position. The Staff Accountant will work closely with our small accounting and finance team to support the Company?s Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and various other critical accounting functions.
OTC Markets is proud to be named on Crain's 2018 Best Places to Work in NYC. Our newly redesigned headquarters foster an open and collaborative environment for employees and clients, utilizing more than 33,000 square feet of space. Our office is located in Brookfield Place, in the heart of the financial district, surrounded by Hudson River Park and home to luxury retail and dining establishments, featuring extensive public space and world-class amenities.
We are committed to building a company where highly talented, creative people thrive. Our Core Values are incorporated in each aspect of our Company. We encourage autonomy, professionally passionate discussions of opposing viewpoints, creativity and transparency. We all win together.
OTC Markets invests heavily in employee satisfaction and offers all of our employees a highly competitive compensation package. As a dynamic, growing company that fosters an open culture, we emphasize autonomy, responsibility, innovation and self-discipline. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impressive impact at a company known for its reputation on quality and achievement.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with a passion for learning and implementing accounting best practices
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within the organization
- Perform various Accounts Receivable and collection duties, including invoicing and issuing of credit memos, monthly collection procedures, month end reconciliation of related sub ledgers, etc.
- Perform various Accounts Payable duties, including maintaining vendor accounts in the firm?s accounting system, processing invoices and vendor payments, etc.
- Participate in monthly/quarterly/annual financial close process, including reconciliation of balance sheet account, preparation of certain accrual journal entries, and conducting research for account discrepancies
- Assist with process of quarterly reviews and annual audits by the firm?s auditor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, CPA Preferred
- 2-3 years of experience working within the finance and accounting department of a financial or technology services firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail oriented, with an ability to multi-task
- Experience with Intacct Financial Management software a plus
Please note, we will neither sponsor nor relocate an individual for this position.
What OTC Markets offers its full time Team Members:
- Health insurance plans designed to meet the various coverage needs and preferences (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health, transit, parking and dependent care, as well as Healthcare Saving Accounts for qualifying plans
- Generous vacation policy in addition to 9 annual holidays observed and 5 summer Fridays
- Snacks and sodas and a very chic coffee bar
- Annual bonus and stock incentive program
- Office refreshments and company happy hours
- Monday Bagels and Friday Pizza
- Life and disability insurance, including paid parental leave
OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent and Connected financial markets for 10,000 U.S. and global securities. Through our OTC Link ATS, we directly link a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity and execution services for a wide spectrum of securities. We organize these securities into markets to inform investors of opportunities and risks: the OTCQX Best Market; the OTCQB Venture Market; and the OTC Pink Open Market. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price and empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality and availability of information for their investors. To learn more about how we create better informed and more efficient financial markets, visit www.otcmarkets.com.
OTC Link ATS is operated by OTC Link LLC, member FINRA/SIPC and SEC regulated ATS.
Come as you are and just be you. We are an equal opportunity and e-verify employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political belief, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, family or parental status, gender identity, pregnancy, including childbirth or related medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages and backgrounds.
Please no calls or 3<sup>rd</sup> party recruiter submissions.
Applicants have rights under the federal law:
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10282
Posted on: 01/08/2020
Viewed: 0 times