Staff Auditor - Butler, PA
for Maher Duessel in Butler, PA USA
We are currently seeking entry level Staff Auditors for our Butler office to start in January 2020 and August 2020.
Successful candidates will enjoy minimal out of town travel and great work-life balance. Occasional travel to Pittsburgh is required. Maher Duessel offers quality experience working with well known clients, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, with the 150 credit hours necessary to become licensed as a CPA
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A strong dedication to teamwork
- Integrity within the professional environment
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Display a strong work ethic and ability to interact with clients and other firm employees
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively follow instructions
- Develop technical knowledge by performing assignments diligently; focus on understanding the task at hand and its importance to the audit. Understand that the quality of work should be the focal point rather than completing tasks quickly
- Actively work towards passing the CPA exam
- Become familiar with the firm?s policies and procedures, manuals, and forms
- Understand the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA, and the authoritative literature established by the FASB, GASB, and OMB
- Obtain a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of Prosystem Engagement, RIA Checkpoint, and CCH
- Stay informed of current developments relevant to the government and non-profit industries
- Understand procedures used in the past and suggest ways to enhance audit techniques
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views
About our Firm:
Maher Duessel was founded in 1989 to provide high-caliber auditing services to clients in the governmental and non-profit sectors, and our passion and commitment has led Maher Duessel to become a leading regional accounting firm. With offices in Pittsburgh, Butler, Harrisburg, State College, Erie and Lancaster, we have the largest staff dedicated solely to governmental, non-profit, and Single Audit issues in Pennsylvania. Our mission statement, Pursuing the Profession While Promoting the Public Good, reflects our philosophy of providing expert technical services that help our clients create a better community. The firm was recognized in 2017 and 2018 by the Central Penn Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and named one of the Fastest Growing Companies by the Pittsburgh Business Times.
Maher Duessel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We comply with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Butler, PA USA
Zip Code: 16001
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times