for R.D. Barnett PLLC in Seattle, WA USA
Our team is seeking an exceptionally bright and self-motivated Tax Associate to support our team. We do not expect you to know all of the answers, but we do expect you to identify problems and form solutions. The solutions may not be the most effective at first, but overtime as your experiences broaden, so will the quality of your solutions.
The Tax Associate will be involved with the tax compliance processes for our entity and individual clients. This includes participating in pre-busy season tax planning, gathering information, setting up files, entering data, preparing tax calculations, drafting returns for review, reviewing tax returns, e-filing, paper processing returns for delivery, participating in tax research and consultation, audit representation, and other technical projects.
To excel at our firm and to find lasting satisfaction in doing so, you will exhibit these qualities:
- Responsible. You have never been responsible for a late filing penalty.
- Trustworthy. You have a high level of integrity, discretion, and independent judgement and you guard client sensitive information more effectively than 256-bit encryption.
- Organized. You schedule reoccurring work to take place on the same day (maybe even hour) of each period and you regularly use your calendar to set reminders to follow up on items in advance of being asked.
- Communicative. You are excited by the thought of emailing or calling a client directly and you have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-Motivated. You feel greater satisfaction in researching an answer over being told the answer.
- Accountable. You understand that even the smallest of mistakes have extreme consequences, but does not stop taking measured risks.
- Proactive. You are an analytical thinker able to remain one step ahead, anticipating potential problems and possibilities and providing solutions and support before they?re needed.
- Detail-Oriented. You have impeccable documentation skills and never let anything slip between the cracks.
- Flexible. You are able to adapt and move in an ever-changing, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Service-Minded. You demonstrate a strong ability to deliver superior customer service and you offer to take out the trash, both literally and figuratively.
- Enthusiastic. You are a team player with an energetic attitude, sense of humor, drive for variety, and have an appreciation for accelerated growth and in a fun fast-paced environment.
As we grow, what is needed today will be different from what is needed tomorrow; therefore, you will need to maintain flexibility with regard to their initial and future duties. Within this role, there is an opportunity for expansion of duties and title based on contributions made to the firm over the term of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related degree and/or an advanced degree in Accounting or Taxation
- Public accounting and experience preparing tax returns preferred
- Ability to work 50 to 55 hours a week as needed during busy periods, typically from February to April 15<sup>th</sup> and September to October 15<sup>th</sup>, with busier periods closer to deadline dates
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary | Based on Experience
- Casual Office Environment
- 15 Vacation Days
- 10 Holidays
- 40 Hours Sick Leave
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- 3% Retirement Match
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Cell Phone Coverage
- Certification, Licensing, and Professional Membership Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Growth Opportunities
About R.D. Barnett PLLC
R.D. Barnett PLLC was founded in 2013 with the intention of distilling the complicated world of accounting and tax into digestible client solutions. We offer accounting, tax, and advisory solutions to private companies, venture capital funds, and individuals; specializing in the real estate, technology, medical, retail, and professional services industries. While currently a small Public Accounting firm, our audacious goal involves an aggressive growth strategy ? fueled by accelerated geographic, industry and product offering expansion ? that will land us in the top 300 US firms by 2030.
Please visit our website at www.rdbpllc.com to learn more about our firm, our services, and our clients.
Key Word: Tax, Public Accounting, Associate, Tax Returns, Accounting, CPA, CPA Eligible, Finance, Firm
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Zip Code: 98103
Posted on: 01/10/2020
Viewed: 0 times