Vice President Tax and Financial Analysis
for Independent Community Bankers of America in Sauk Centre, MN USA
The Vice President, Tax & Financial Analysis, is responsible for all tax preparation, review processes, reporting and compliance for ICBA and its subsidiary and affiliated companies. The incumbent will also prepare special accounting studies, reports and other financial analyses as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities ? Tax Reporting
- Responsible for all tax reporting and preparation related to for-profit corporations, 501(c)(6) trade association, and 501(c)(3) publicly supported charities. The reporting relates to income taxes (including UBIT), depreciation, sales and use, personal property, employee withholding, and real estate taxes.
- Prepare/review state regulatory reports and adhere to compliance reporting for ICBA and ICBA subsidiaries. This includes researching and investigating any correspondence received from state/governmental agencies.
- Prepare quarterly lobby disclosure and annual calculation of lobbying expenses deductible for member banks. This includes knowledge of reporting expenses in accordance with the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) and IRS methods.
- Work in collaboration with external tax preparers on reporting and filing complex for-profit corporate tax returns, including consolidated and multi-state tax filings, nonprofit tax returns/considerations, and other regulatory filings.
- Prepare quarterly tax payments, work in collaboration with VP of Accounting on monthly accruals, and various other tax analyses required by the association and its subsidiary companies.<s> </s>
- Bring unusual or significant tax questions to the attention of the Controller and CFO.
- Research and propose resolution to technical tax matters.
- Oversight of registered agents and review process for annual reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities ? Accounting Operations
- Backup for processing the weekly check run and initiation of ACH/Positive Pay files.
- Support and backup for other accounting operations as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities ? Financial Analysis
- Gather and interpret financial data in order to provide analysis for making corporate financial decisions, review projections and develop forecast and trending analysis.
- Identify trends and developments in competitive financial services environments.
- Develop analyses that forecast the cost effectiveness of new products or policies affecting ICBA?s financial condition.
- Formulate product strategy recommendations, prepare and review written analyses and participate in a variety of related projects as needed.
- Coordinate, prepare and review the design and development of financial models and databases.
- Review and track monthly operating and consolidated financial statements for all companies to assess trends and other data on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a general understanding of all standard accounting cycles in order to access related trends and data.
- Work with staff to ensure projections are reflective of past trends and incorporate any new data.
- Prepare special accounting studies, analyses and statistical reports.
- Review and make recommendations related to the annual membership dues schedule for the association.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or quantitative discipline; or equivalent work experience
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in a position with exposure to tax related matters relevant to ICBA and its subsidiary companies
- Strong quantitative skills and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Solid working knowledge of tax related issues and analysis
- Some travel required, particularly during initial six months on the job
- Ability to work well with other staff and external tax preparers
- Ability to multi-task and approach work in a detailed manner
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Sauk Centre, MN USA
Zip Code: 56378
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times