VP of Business Development
for Innovation Works, Inc. in Pittsburgh, PA USA
VP of Business Development LumiShield Technologies, Inc. ? Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Company Description: LumiShield is a technology startup based in Pittsburgh, PA. The company is commercializing a proprietary process for producing inexpensive, aluminum-based coatings, which was originally developed by Carnegie Mellon University and the National Energy Technology Laboratory. Lumidize, LumiShield?s first product, will enter the market in 2020 as a replacement for less sustainable, more expensive paint adhesion pretreatments like grit blasting and chromating.
A critical component of LumiShield?s long term strategy is the establishment of relationships with large coatings manufacturers and suppliers. In 2020, the successful candidate will use his or her existing skills and network to help the company create and grow these relationships. The candidate will also provide market and coatings industry insight, help to craft LumiShield?s business strategy, and ultimately manage the company?s marketing and sales teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishing and building relationships with large manufacturers and suppliers in the coatings industry.
- Making contact with coatings manufacturers and scheduling meetings with decision makers from those organizations.
- Facilitating communications with coatings manufacturers and guiding relationship development with LumiShield.
- Negotiating beneficial joint development agreements (JDAs) with other organizations.
- Performing market research to establish the size and segmentation of the coatings market for various industries.
- Providing analysis of the existing players and technologies within various markets to establish the size of LumiShield?s opportunity in each.
- Crafting LumiShield?s long term business development strategy.
- Representing the company at conferences and trade shows.
- Managing LumiShield?s Sales and Marketing Team
- Bachelor?s degree in business, marketing or a related field
- 10 years of experience in the coatings industry
- Knowledge of coatings industry corporate culture, values, and priorities
- Strong network within the coatings industry
- Experience in managing diverse teams in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in business development roles
- Sufficient technical proficiency to grasp critical concepts of coating technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Bachelor?s degree in a related technical field and an MBA
- Experience at two or more large manufacturers of protective coatings
- Experience working in corporate venture
- Understanding of startup culture and strong entrepreneurial instincts
Contact: David Luebke 412-607-8351 firstname.lastname@example.org.
LumiShield Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Zip Code: 15222
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times