Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift- 6:00 pm- 6:30 am (Weds- Fri)
for Lineage Logistics in Los Angeles, CA USA
3rd Shift- 6:00 pm- 6:30 am (Weds- Fri)
As a Warehouse Lead duties performed will consist of an array of functions that may include but not limited to unloading and loading product and materials, picking and filling orders from freezers and semi-trucks/trailers, movement of freight with or without Material Handling Equipment (MHE), keeping work areas free of debris, adhering to all stamping guidelines in accordance to
UDA/USDA regulations, repackaging the product, palletizing and sorting incoming freight, and staging outgoing freight.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Inspect the machine before usage.
- Report mechanical discrepancies to immediate supervisor and/or mechanic.
- Change batteries as needed.
- Place the safety chain on the battery charger to prevent any injuries to self and/or others.
- Pull orders from assigned locations.
- Relocate products in the same aisle only.
- Write the order number, name of the consignee, case quantity on every order, box, pallet, packages, and bins pulled.
- Immediately report any bad tickets to the Inventory Manager by radio and/or send them with the freezer checker.
- Keep freezer aisles clean ? place plastic wrap, straps and/or broken wood into the trash receptacle.
- Once orders are pulled, help runs freight and locate the product.
- Report all/any broken pallets to the immediate supervisor.
- Completely pull all orders before the end of the shift.
- Maintain USDA refused entry cage
- Follow SSOP?s related to the USDA import operation
- Follow USDA guidelines for inspecting, cutting, thawing, and presenting imported beef.
- Train staff in key positions such as inbound and outbound checking
- Perform other duties as needed
- Experience operating Turret is preferred but not required
- Forklift experience a must.
The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
- Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery.
- The employee must be capable of repeatedly lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer, daily and seasonal requirements.
- Able to lift and move product above the head.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work in an atmosphere as cold as - 10 degrees F.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
- Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high.
- Daily workflow is fast-paced.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Zip Code: 90001
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times